About Scope upgrade

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

About Scope upgrade

Post by Nestor »

Guys, the economies of the world are VERY different... so please understand my request:

A friend of mind from Mexico, with a Pulsar 2 version 5.0, wants to upgrade to be able to jump to 64 bits with Win 7.

Two questions: which would be the cheapest upgrade? And then, can it be paid in 6 or 12 months?

Thank you for this one!
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Nestor

Re: About Scope upgrade

Post by Nestor »

I have searched it fully. There is no information at all about this in the SC official page.
garyb

Post by garyb »

Nestor, there is only v7 at this point.
http://www.sonic-core.net/shop/index.ph ... tform.html
emails are answered at SC support. :D
no, there's no payment plan, sorry...
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Thank you Gary, that's what I expected anyway. Sorry, I didn't want to register just for that.
garyb

Post by garyb »

register?
you don't need to register to write to support or see the page in the shop.

anyway, sorry and no problem...
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Thank you for your kindness Gary, I have not been in the SC shop since they were Creamware...
Marco

Post by Marco »

Nestor wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:06 pm
Two questions: which would be the cheapest upgrade? And then, can it be paid in 6 or 12 months?

Thank you for this one!
SC gives credit? Should ask your Bank, or save the amount and come back later.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Yes, we’ll find a way. Mexicans are in a great disadvantage when it comes to USA dollars
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Nestor wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:30 am Thank you for your kindness Gary, I have not been in the SC shop since they were Creamware...

???!!!! :o
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

yayajohn wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:32 am
Nestor wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:30 am Thank you for your kindness Gary, I have not been in the SC shop since they were Creamware...

???!!!! :o
I have not been in the SC web for ages... I thought I needed to register to get an answer, but I don't, and I thanked Gary because he answerd my questions doing a job I should have done myself, that's it
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Nestor wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:30 am I have not been in the SC shop since they were Creamware...
I thought you had some recent plug-ins - well, at least in the last 15 years! :lol:
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

No, not really, not in the Scope line. To be honest, having only two Pulsar I boards, you need to free the resources for your mixes and basic work. My last addition was Mojo from Adern, which I sadly lost changing the order of the cards. The first card is Scope version 5.0 and the second is version 5.1, the latter is now the master to be able to have 64 bits.

What I’ve got are many VST plugins, VSTis, Kontakt libraries, samples, etc., that are perfectly handled in the PC.

If you want to invest in SC software, you need first to have a newer and bigger card, or even better, an Xite.
valis

Post by valis »

Or you need to go back to the multitrack workflows of yesteryear where you lay down one thing at a time.
FernandoHood

Post by FernandoHood »

" My last addition was Mojo from Adern, which I sadly lost changing the order of the cards." chaing order of the cards doesnt make you loose your license, the key for that plugin should be still available in your "keyfile.v5" in -> ScoPe\App\Bin folder

and guys backup your keys easily... by grabbing that .v5 and emailit to yourself has urgent, ;)
Ocean Swift Synthesis - Scope 3rd Party Plugins
http://www.oceanswift.net
FernandoHood
http://www.fernandohood.com
Atom Sessions - Music
https://atomsessions.bandcamp.com/
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

What? Are you kidding? Can I get it back? Sorry, I didn't know it... Which would be the procedure? I have always believed that anything you've got in any of your cards was untransferable to another one. Are you sure you’re not wrong with this one?

If I could get it back I would be delighted!
valis

Post by valis »

What he means is that 'changing the order of your cards' was interpreted as 'i made a different card the first one seen by my system', either by rearranging the cards in their PCI slots or via editing CSET.ini. In which case the 'new first card' now has priority over the Scope software, but all card serials are still seen by the Scope system and thus still valid for licensed plugins. If you don't know what plugins are licensed to a given card, ask SonicCore.

If however you removed one card (let's say it's dead, or a Pulsar1 you're no longer using but is in a box) and added a different one but did not sell the one removed with plugins included, you should ask SonicCore as well, but about a license key transfer to the new card. If the keys were sold with an old card, then they are now for that card's owner.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Ok, I understand, thank you. Yes, this is my case, I have two Pulsar I cards, one with 4.5 or perhaps 5.0, I am no longer sure, and then the second one with v5.1, so compatible with 64 bits. When I build my present system, I put the 5.1 as a master and the 4.5 as a slave, so I can have Win 7 64. Mojo is in the 4.5.

If I understand you well, I have to write to SC support so they give me a new code to introduce into the master card, am I right?
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Which card did you license Mojo with?

If you go to the Scope directory C:/Scope/app/bin and look for the key file, then open it with Notepad you should be able to find Mojo listed there in the key file. (You should also keep a backup of that file somewhere else for safety)

Or just download the Mojo device from SC website then copy the device and the other dsp files to their respective folders, and then in Scope try to load it and see if it asks for a license, and if not then the key is still in your keyfile.
valis

Post by valis »

Probably his key file isn’t containing the key, but should be.
garyb

Post by garyb »

if the other card has a v4.5 key, send a copy of the old v4.5 keyfile to support and ask for a v5.1 key for the amp.