Piano: THIS IS IT!

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Re: Piano: THIS IS IT!

Post by Nestor »

Wow, you took the bother to fix this detail? Man, I bet, if I ever create an enterprise I want to hire you as its director! :)
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

No, just my OCD playing up, or more likely because I went to some friends for dinner last night and his wife put an unknown quantity of homegrown herbs in the Thai curry....purely for the taste of course :) Should have called it "Thai Stick" curry more like, haha
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

:lol:
Marco

Post by Marco »

About drums, I guess the best aviable drums at the moment are the heavy to beat : superior drummer 3! Sound and fx and Midi collection is quite perfect. Usable for all styles.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

No doubt about it! But for the price and THE SOUND, to be honest, creativity is not far behind using XLN Addictive Drums 2! I guess it would be very difficult or even impossible to tell which is which, so good they both are, one bigger, the other smaller, but rather kind of at the same level of sound quality.

For studio use, I would say, use Superior, but for a home studio, composers, arrangers, use Addictive Drums 2.
Marco

Post by Marco »

The XLN Sound is really good, but if you want to tweak the sound 100 percent into your musical context, with a proper sensitivity, then you have better cards with the very bulky additional possibilities within superior drummer 3.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Definetely! BFD3 is… well… “Superior”, it is true :D

Nevertheless, I find it over the top for my needs, cumbersome to program too, to a certain extent... I have never had it myself, but I saw it in use in studio sessions and the learning curve seems to be steep.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

I'm very happy with Pianoteq. I suppose it "speaks" to me or for me or whatever, that inspiring connection is that you get with certain instruments. Pearl sounds good, it's inexpensive, I wish they had a demo to see if I could connect. Then again, with any sound, especially pianos I think, it's the player more than the piano. I remember Monk playing a crappy old upright (with 2 lit cigs in an ashtray on it) and sending chills up my spine.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
Nestor

Re: Piano: THIS IS IT! Latest conclusions

Post by Nestor »

Hello friends!

I came back here to tell you some more about my latest conclusions on this amazing piano:

It can match all kind of musical scenarios, it is well suited for any kind of refined piano needs like the most subtle classical pieces you may think of as well as the hardest and punchy ones. It is really good for jazz and blues too, like no other.

There are samples at 16 and 24 bits so you can upload lighter pianos if needed. Honestly, the 16 bit samples sound already magnificent! I AM NOT EXAGERATIN HERE, THIS IS AN UNUSUALLY WELL DONE JOB, one of the finest ever made in the market! I guess that the chosen piano and the experience of the guys behind it, made this miracle possible. The optional 16 bit patches can go down in size to around 80 %. Yes, I realize the timber of this piano must be one of the most beautiful I have ever heard, I think this specific Yamaha C7 used to record this library must be specially beautiful sounding.

It is easy to build hugely different timbres with a few moves on the clean and friendly interface, spend one minute and you have a piano sculptured for the needs of your ongoing song. I think you can easily build magical kind of pianos for movie like scenes too.

These guys at Impact Soundworks have been very bountiful giving you plainly of options to go from a perfectly tuned classic piano to a wild and estrange phenomena to create intricate detuned atmospheres that you would need to work like crazy to achieve, without the included possibilities and plugins. All the included plugins are very appropriate to the piano. Everything is very easy to customize.

I truly beg you to try it out! Please! It is worth the effort, the bother and the money! Absolutely!

You will probably have to ask a friend or go to a studio that already has it and ask the permission to play it for 20 minutes. That will be enough time to understand what this library can do for you and your music, and inevitably fall in love with his piece of art!

My highest recommendation ever on a Kontakt library! If you ask me if there is anything that I would change on it, or if there is something missing that I would add…, I have to answer that, despite my exigent standards in terms of piano purity, I say: NO! This is it! It is a perfect piece of software, a very rare exception! :)
Nestor

Re: Piano: THIS IS IT! Latest conclusions

Post by Nestor »

Nestor wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:00 am Hello friends!

I came back here to tell you some more about my latest conclusions on this amazing piano:

It can match all kind of musical scenarios, it is well suited for any kind of refined piano needs like the most subtle classical pieces you may think of as well as the hardest and punchy ones. It is really good for jazz and blues too, like no other.

There are samples at 16 and 24 bits so you can upload lighter pianos if needed. Honestly, the 16 bit samples sound already magnificent! I AM NOT EXAGERATIN HERE, THIS IS AN UNUSUALLY WELL DONE JOB, one of the finest ever made in the market! I guess that the chosen piano and the experience of the guys behind it, made this miracle possible. The optional 16 bit patches can go down in size to around 80 %. Yes, I realize the timber of this piano must be one of the most beautiful I have ever heard, I think this specific Yamaha C7 used to record this library must be specially beautiful sounding.

It is easy to build hugely different timbres with a few moves on the clean and friendly interface, spend one minute and you have a piano sculptured for the needs of your ongoing song. I think you can easily build magical kind of pianos for movie like scenes too.

These guys at Impact Soundworks have been very bountiful giving you plainly of options to go from a perfectly tuned classic piano to a wild and estrange phenomena to create intricate detuned atmospheres that you would need to work like crazy to achieve, without the included possibilities and plugins. All the included plugins are very appropriate to the piano. Everything is very easy to customize.

I truly beg you to try it out! Please! It is worth the effort, the bother and the money! Absolutely!

You will probably have to ask a friend or go to a studio that already has it and ask the permission to play it for 20 minutes. That will be enough time to understand what this library can do for you and your music, and inevitably fall in love with this piece of art!

My highest recommendation ever on a Kontakt library! If you ask me if there is anything that I would change on it, or if there is something missing that I would add…, I have to answer that, despite my exigent standards in terms of piano purity, I say: NO! This is it! It is a perfect piece of software, a very rare exception! :)
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Why don't they have a trial version?
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I think it is because it is an almost 40GB sample library, this could be the reason I guess. That's why I say you need to go somewhere and get to play it there, a friend or a sutudio in your city that may have it. Even taking this step is worth it.