power supply plugiator

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

haba

power supply plugiator

Post by haba »

hello, can somebody help me with the specs for the power suply: 9v dc, 500 mA, tip is positive or negative?
thank you!
haba
haba

Re: power supply plugiator

Post by haba »

center pin of plug is "+"
al_bot

Post by al_bot »

Here's a picture of the US plug I had for the plugator, hope this helps...
Plugiator_Plug.jpg
Plugiator_Plug.jpg (278.39 KiB) Viewed 7608 times
haba

Post by haba »

Thank you for answering, but the user manual says - 110/240V to 9V DC, min. 500mA, center pin of plug is „+"
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/61668 ... =49#manual
Are you shure the adapter in the picture came with the plugiator? Because its labeled 12 volt.
Haba
RA

Post by RA »

On these kind of adapters center pin is always plus as i have seen through the years. So just look at the specs for an appropiate adapter. I think a standard boss or chinese adapter will do. Nowadays we have a lot of adapters laying around....maybe check on your attic ;) This should be a standard part in any electronics shop. Just make sure you check the specs. Just make sure i can deliver 500mA...more is not a problem..less could be...
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
al_bot

Post by al_bot »

Hmm. That's odd, the unit powered up. The only other plug I had close by was this one (unit did power on with this one):
Plugiator_Plug2.jpg
Plugiator_Plug2.jpg (821.59 KiB) Viewed 7562 times
haba

Post by haba »

thank you Ray and al-bot, I found an adapter and I powered it up, all seems to work normal, but at a time the unit shut itself down and restartet immediately. I measured the power...it was 7,4 volt althaugh it was declared 9 volt...I will try annother one...but I must say the crakles when I switch the instruments or the programms on the plugiator isn't nice..
Haba