Scope 7

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bud Weiser

Re: Scope 7

Post by Bud Weiser »

petal wrote:
Scope v7 gives you the option to install XTC-mode on 32 bit, but it has been completely removed from v7 64bit
I think that´s a good idea doing it that way.
Everything not working correctly in 64Bit should be temporarily removed from 64Bit installers, preventing new users for running into avoidable issues and incl. leaving a note the stuff will be continuously updated and fully available later (or SOON :lol: ).

:)

Bud
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Finally, the guilty (of my project crashing Scope on loading) seems to be the 'Autoswitch' from Peter. After hiding it from Scope, projects are loading fine.
So I builded an autoswitch in modular, very convenient for switching between DAW & PC sound...

I hope I found the guilty !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I wish users could choose project window colors..... :roll:
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

Could someone please try this on windows 10: start scope and after some minutes, mount an iso. With 5.1 the Scope application immediately crashes. I want to know, if this is fixed now.
Last edited by DragonSF on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

S|C is really laconic about what they did in the 7.0 update. I'd like some info about the 'quad shepard generator' is it only a complicated autopan ??
They didn't say anything about how 7.0 manages Xite dsp's, If they worked and improved that. When saving the project file, it seems to go faster.

They say they are going to update it soon ! Did they take on a developers team ? :o :o I hope they are communicating a bit about the update and sale more Xite-1 units and take on more young developers with heads full of ideas ! They have THE product to become leader on audio computing market. Ça m'fout les boules pitaingue !
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

JoPo wrote: ... Did they take on a developers team ?
something happened ... ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
JoPo wrote: ... I hope they ... sale more Xite-1 units and take on more young developers with heads full of ideas !
THIS !!!

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Bud Weiser wrote:
sunmachine wrote:
Marco wrote:Who really needs the sts in scope.
One of the great things about the STS Samplers is, that they live inside SCOPE.
So you don't need to run any other application (and ASIO) for that.
I'd love to have them back and hope they'll be with us again soon! :)
+1 !

And to my ears STS samplers sound very good,- better as the original AKAIs (I still own S-1000 and S-1100),- just because the filters are way better in STS.
And when it sounds better than S-1100 hardware which uses dedicated BurrBrown chips for every single out and the main outs as well,- it also sounds better than any native VST/AU sampleplayer device.
NONE of the VST/AU native devices sound like the hardware they emulate,- NONE !

I´d like to see EMU sample formats support for STS, but can also deal w/ the more time consuming workaround using EMXP and convert to SF2 or AKAI.

I also appreciate STS sampler do what samplers have to do,- sampling !
Not only playback like most others out there.

Bud
I still use win xp 32bit as I think the sts samplers sound great and actually sample. Did a comparison once with kontakt, and kontakt sounded rubbish! (Exact same sample, it just sounded sort of weak and the filters sounded shite)

Also I still like the emu Proteus x rompler which doesn’t work above win xp.

I’m getting scope v7 and sdk v7 in the next few days. I own an Xite, it seems Xite owners will see more improvements as certain things have been fixed.(seq issues) etc.

So when someone said about Solaris working I’m assuming that they own an Xite and the sequencing element of the synth now works.

It’s really great seeing this activity.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

nimmen wrote:Great news, but I'm not really sure how much more this brings than 5.1.
Wave drivers, if I get this right, are at the similar state as in 5.1, samplers crash...
Anyone using v7 could tell me if 88.2 khz sample rate works? Also does it work on older windows version, particularly windows 7?
v7 Feels a bit like GUI updates with some additional plugins and windows 10 support, unless I'm missing something, if solaris works better(no missing dsp connection errors), that could be deal breaker for me, but apart from that, not sure how much anything changed.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It feels to me that the whole code has been optimised and made fully compatible with Xite.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

rhythmaster wrote:Yes! It's here!

SB-404 working after 8,5(!) (since XITE-1 took over) years again in Scope v7.

I'm so glad finally eternally ...

John Bowen's Solaris v5.0.1 also working now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
Are you confirming the step sequencer elements are working as they should on Xite now?
sepuka

Post by sepuka »

How about writing own code in the new SDK? Some time ago when I asked the old dongles ended while the new ones have not yet appeared.
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

sepuka wrote:How about writing own code in the new SDK? Some time ago when I asked the old dongles ended while the new ones have not yet appeared.

not at the moment.
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
asktoby

Post by asktoby »

I really love the STS samplers and have been really sad to not have them these last years.

Listen to this track of mine, from the third minute onwards:

https://open.spotify.com/album/022frCLBi5j39jrg7C2iOT

Some heavy STS usage, I don't know any other sampler that can get that pitch bending granular sound that I find so emotive.
d9d9

Post by d9d9 »

After testing for 2 days i can say it runs stable on my Pulsar setup.
Wav source plays back without cracklez now.
I've got the feeling that 7 is a little more dsp hungry than 5.1
I dont like the updated controll room. liked the switches more than this fader thing :)
Did i understand it right that it's not possible to run 5 and 7 on the same machine? dont like that....
Looking forward to learn sdk. Pretty nice offer. couldn't resist.
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

Call me lazy, but what is the main argument to get V7 and V7 SDK.
I have a bunch of PCI-cards and also a Xite with SDK 5.

Win10 will come one day, but I keep Win7 as long as possible.
Is the SDK improved ? ( I'm still fighting to learn it..)

Are there new features /devices in scope ?
Is it the same improvement for Xite and PCI ?
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
spacef

Post by spacef »

d9d9 wrote: I've got the feeling that 7 is a little more dsp hungry than 5.1
myself i have the feeling that it works better (xite). modular mixer seems to work much better (dsp connections is much less problematic - seems like there is no more "gohst connections" after removing a module) but this is a first impression, should be confirmed a longer run.

I guess you can't use 5 and 7 together just because of the new driver (ie, you could reinstall the older driver and see if scope 5 works again).
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

seems to run smoother here too (15dsp pci).
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
Marco

Post by Marco »

asktoby wrote:
I really love the STS samplers and have been really sad to not have them these last years.

Listen to this track of mine, from the third minute onwards:

https://open.spotify.com/album/022frCLBi5j39jrg7C2iOT

Some heavy STS usage, I don't know any other sampler that can get that pitch bending granular sound that I find so emotive.
Incredible music! Great music, I like it! I guess the sampler works still with 32bit
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Shot

Post by Shot »

d9d9 wrote:After testing for 2 days i can say it runs stable on my Pulsar setup.
Wav source plays back without cracklez now.
Wow! This is magic to my ears!
I've been struggling with wav source crackles for a long time.

I've bought v7 this afternoon. Can't wait to get my keys to test it!
dante

Post by dante »

d9d9 wrote:Did i understand it right that it's not possible to run 5 and 7 on the same machine? dont like that.....
Scope 5 and Scope 7 running on same machine fine here.
dante

Post by dante »

nimmen wrote:Great news, but I'm not really sure how much more this brings than 5.1. v7 Feels a bit like GUI updates with some additional plugins and windows 10 support, unless I'm missing something, if solaris works better(no missing dsp connection errors), that could be deal breaker for me, but apart from that, not sure how much anything changed.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm not using anything in this update at the moment but its definitely a stepping stone to my next workstation. Its not uncommon for a software release to be more strategic than user-blow-away. Reason 10 came out recently with 2 new synths and a couple of world music rack extensions and one or two minor workflow improvements. But its still a stepping stone, getting must have upgrades out of the way so future releases can be made more exhilarating.