Xite MIDI 1 and MIDI 2 ports

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

DragonSF

Xite MIDI 1 and MIDI 2 ports

Post by DragonSF »

Is there a way to remove all the MIDI 2 ports? There seems to be no HW for this and they create only errors, when connected.
garyb

Re: Xite MIDI 1 and MIDI 2 ports

Post by garyb »

right click, "remove".
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

garyb wrote:right click, "remove".
Where? They don't show in Scope.
(I used regedit to get rid of all the 100s of MIDI2 instances, but an easier way would be preferred).
garyb

Post by garyb »

midi i/o that's not being used is making problems?
strange.

you could go to device manager open properties and change the number of available midi ports in the settings page.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks, I might try that.
But only one shows up in Bidule.
Reaper always show 2.
Making DAWs great again...
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

garyb wrote:midi i/o that's not being used is making problems?
strange.

you could go to device manager open properties and change the number of available midi ports in the settings page.
That's want I wanted to do, but I can't see any MIDI properties. Where are they now?
garyb

Post by garyb »

device manager\sound, video and game controllers\XITE-1\properties\settings tab\ in the middle of the page "midi devices". enter the number of midi devices that you want Windows to know about.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

garyb wrote:device manager\sound, video and game controllers\XITE-1\properties\settings tab\ in the middle of the page "midi devices". enter the number of midi devices that you want Windows to know about.
Nothing like that here:
xite1.jpg
xite1.jpg (36.16 KiB) Viewed 6871 times
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

my system's the same. PCI cards do have that option.
I'm on Win7 64bit
I went into Scope and loaded a 3rd Sequencer Midi Source module and a pop-up asked me if I wanted to load another driver, then restart windows. Now Reaper shows a 3rd midi port avail.
So you can add more if you want but not less.
garyb

Post by garyb »

what about the details page?
i've moved 1200 miles so a lot of stuff is still packed and i can't check for the setting.

if it's not there, then you would need to remove it manually from the registry, as you suspect...
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

garyb wrote: i've moved 1200 miles so a lot of stuff is still packed and i can't check for the setting.

??? Music City? Austin?? Windy City? Hawaii? Anchorage?
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

garyb wrote:what about the details page?
i've moved 1200 miles so a lot of stuff is still packed and i can't check for the setting.

if it's not there, then you would need to remove it manually from the registry, as you suspect...
Nothing related to MIDI or AUDIO devices. Like Ids, error codes, addresses etc.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yayajohn wrote:
garyb wrote: i've moved 1200 miles so a lot of stuff is still packed and i can't check for the setting.

:lol:
nothing so glamorous...
it's a little town of 600 people called Fairfield. it's in Washington State about 25-30 minutes south of Spokane. my wife retired and i got a 1/2 acre with 5 extra buildings. one is a 36x29 foot shop that i'll use for a studio. there is an old garage that we rebuilt a bit to use as storage, another storage building, a potting shed, and a 240 square foot building that we're rehabilitating as an art studio for my wife. we're saving about $2500 a month compared to our old place in Long Beach, CA.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DragonSF, truthfully, i don't know if changing the settings in the device manager would actually REMOVE entries from the registry. as i remember, the problem of Windows having a limit on midi ports is a Windows bug related to installing and removing too many devices too many times. if that's the problem, perhaps this article i dug up might help. i think this is a common problem for those who try lots of hardware, or when people have problems and add, remove, and add devices a few times. i Googled "remove additional midi ports from windows 10" and got this:
http://www.harmonycentral.com/articles/ ... rt-problem
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

garyb wrote:
yayajohn wrote:

:lol:
nothing so glamorous...
it's a little town of 600 people called Fairfield. it's in Washington State about 25-30 minutes south of Spokane. my wife retired and i got a 1/2 acre with 5 extra buildings. one is a 36x29 foot shop that i'll use for a studio. there is an old garage that we rebuilt a bit to use as storage, another storage building, a potting shed, and a 240 square foot building that we're rehabilitating as an art studio for my wife. we're saving about $2500 a month compared to our old place in Long Beach, CA.
Sounds like a nice change of pace. Beautiful countryside up there. just recently had an overnight at Sandpoint Idaho, gorgeous!
Congrats!
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

The little commands:
set devmgr\_show\_nonpresent\_devices=1

start Devmgmt.msc

didn't work either. But my registry search & destroy worked. Thanks anyway and @Gary: have fun at your new place.
garyb

Post by garyb »

sorry i couldn't help(again).

thanks for the good wishes. fun or not, i won't move again in my lifetime, if i can help it. :)
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

garyb wrote:sorry i couldn't help(again).

thanks for the good wishes. fun or not, i won't move again in my lifetime, if i can help it. :)
Same here: I'll never move again, if I can't help it. My place is not as big (only 1/5th of an acre), but it's all mine and secluded enough(i.e. no neighbors within 500m , who can be disturbed by my sounds). And a guarantee, than within the next 20 years, it will stay so. Who wants more: peace and quiet.
Last edited by DragonSF on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Washington State is a very beautifull State. Atleast it was when I was a child. I was born in Tacoma Washington and lived there multiple times wich added up to several years as a child, as well as a very short periods in Seattle. I loved walking to school able to see the volcano (I think it was Mount Saint Helen?), apple orchards, ducks pond, open fields, etc with houses and buildings generally spaced further apart than like it is here in Milwaukee wich is a cluttered and more crowded city with houses and buildings right next to each other threw out the whole block generally, and very very little wildlife/un-industrialized areas. Even the early morning smell was better there than the bigger more cluttered/crowded cities I've lived in :) . Plus it's nice to be by the ocean. Had a great school system to raise kids in there. Some great memories I have from living there. I did visit Seattle about 6 years ago to see my father before he passed but haven't seen much of it since child-hood, I just remember the beautifull scenery, community, school, unique and rare businesses and landmarks. Very different to what I see now.

If Washington State is still like it was when I was a child I'm sure you will love it there, I always thought California's cost of living was over-the-top/insane. I still have some family members there in Washington and am sure i'll visit again some day, I loved it there.

EDITED