Looking for a modulation shaper ?

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Looking for a modulation shaper ?

Post by JoPo »

Since looOOong time I was looking for a Scope project window keyfollower module without luck.

To day, I was playing with ProWave modular. And, by browsing Zarg stuff, I came across Zarg key level device which I own since years ! And it's even better than a simple keyfollow module : you can add as many points you wish ! You can use it directly on the Scope window or in modular with RD insert module. :wink:

You'll have something like Kontakt modulation "shaper" feature or Falcon "mapper" or Roy's "freemod" device but drawable with as many points as you like and sync signal at the input. Sadly, one can't twist the line between 2 points but as you can add many points, you can draw the curve you wish....
Just a bad strange thing : the output fall to zero when the input signal is close to max. :-?

But this is a very cool device that can allow to do very powerful modulation signal processing !
keyfol.jpg
keyfol.jpg (28.29 KiB) Viewed 6886 times
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Marco

Re: Looking for a modulation shaper ?

Post by Marco »

Can you send the device?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

You need RD modules which are part of some Zarg synths and the key. Some years ago, you could buy all Zarg synth for 99€ ! Have a look at John Bowen site, if you own synth like Solaris, Red Dwarf, Dark Star, you should be able to download RD II modules.

I don't remember if it was free with any of those synths or if you have to purchase them. :-?

Hhmm... Zarg music site is down... And I'm not sure you can find RD modules on John Bowen site... And they are not on SC shop. Try to contact SC ! It would suck to sell Zarg synth without possibility to get RD II modules !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

JoPo wrote:You need RD modules ... And they are not on SC shop. Try to contact SC ! It would suck to sell Zarg synth without possibility to get RD II modules !
ZARG RDII modules are on S|C ftp server for download.
I got ´em w/ the Zarg bundle too.

The RD modules manual says: "Thank you for purchasing the 'RD Modules series II'!" :D

They sold separate for EUR 65,-

There are also FleXor RD modules existing and you need FleXor 3 to use these.
They aren´t included in the RDII modules pack.

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
garyb

Post by garyb »

i think there's a key needed and you should contact John about that...
Marco

Post by Marco »

I have the Zarg and Flexor. So I can go for it :D
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!