Scope 6 does not exist

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: Scope 6 does not exist

Post by dawman »

I bought some used 1s and 0s and noticed it lost low end focus.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

dawman wrote:I bought some used 1s and 0s and noticed it lost low end focus.
You shouldn't have send them to /dev/null.
dante

Post by dante »

XITE-1D is 1 of 2 gears in my rack that works at 96k. I have 6 or 7 other pieces that don't work at 96K and a couple of others which are analog (amp and input mixer). So the gears I don't use anymore - mainly synth racks ( I don't use thier analog output due reducing AD/DA conversions) are the outdated ones.

The Mesa Boogie power amp is irreplaceable and so is the Alesis mixer. They will probably work till I die.

So it's the synth racks that are outdated, nothing in Scope is outdated in the same way that the amp and mixer are not outdated. I have an unused Mackie PA in the garage which can still full a Hall with sound so it ain't outdated either.

Modular 4 in Scope is also relatively new and I would say unexplored by be - but it's still fairly modern and unlikely to be outdated simply because it's so damn comprehensive.

About the only thing Scope can't do easily is your Divas, Spires and Kontakt ilk but you can do that native alongside Scope doing what it does best anyway.

I use XITE fairly much like any other fixed hardwar rack - underutilized in terms of say modular exploration but it's still totally functional and enduring without any future updates the same as the Mesa Boogie . This doesn't look outdated to me - still shiny and new even after 15 years or so and never been updated :) Not even the valves replaced yet and the low end ones and zeroes still sound as good without loss of focus :)
Mesa Boogie - not outdated I think
Mesa Boogie - not outdated I think
1585-2020-big.jpg (39.57 KiB) Viewed 4464 times
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

i think we can all agree an update for the wave dest driver is a MUST
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
dante

Post by dante »

As a point release - eg 5.2
FernandoHood

Post by FernandoHood »

personally just the driver and the issues on 64bit,
wen it comes to plugins ,yeah they look old and thats about it.
They all work properly and have amazing sonic capabilities, they sound better than the vst counterparts, so, looking "new" and "fresh" is not too important

iam satisfied with scope has it is, remarkable that even in a "dead" state, its still superior to all other hardware and software i used before
Ocean Swift Synthesis - Scope 3rd Party Plugins
http://www.oceanswift.net
FernandoHood
http://www.fernandohood.com
Atom Sessions - Music
https://atomsessions.bandcamp.com/
fraz

Post by fraz »

Hello,

Old is good!!! - More "old" looking plugins would be great - !!! -

And when the time is right and "new 64 bit version" [maybe] but keeping the "old" 32 bit version [yes old is good]

Speaking of 32 bit - Will 32 bit Windows OS be available for a while to come? - If not we need 32 bit OS - Maybe "someone" could develop something "simple" [if need be] - just in case Windows doesn't support 32 bit much longer
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, 32bit should be available for some time.
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

faxinadu wrote:i think we can all agree an update for the wave dest driver is a MUST
+10000000000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
thomson

Post by thomson »

Here are living so many in the past and do not notice what outside scope happened....
But well...if you like the old moody sound...enjoy it :-)
Regards
garyb

Post by garyb »

what has happened?

the pinnacle of audio development was many, many years ago. that's why there is emulation everywhere. there has not been a significant major advancement in audio in more than 40 years. yes, computers have improved and yes, there are some really nifty programs that do totally cool things. in what way does this impact Scope negatively?

if you think that Scope doesn't sound good, that's fine. use what you like, but why are you here?
thomson

Post by thomson »

garyb wrote:what has happened?

if you think that Scope doesn't sound good, that's fine. use what you like, but why are you here?
I had CW DSP here since the beginning of Creamware. 21 Dsp in the last. Never thougt that i may change...but tested a cheap RME 9652 with my Mytek AD DA.
Such a big difference. Maybe the Hardware in Xite is better.
I like the routing in scope ...but PCI Cards sounds awfull...even via Toslink
garyb

Post by garyb »

XITEs do sound significantly better.
i wouldn't say that PCI cards sound awful, though. that's not even compared to RME. your mileage may vary, but i've been putting stuff on the radio for some time with PCI cards and haven't had complaints. i haven't had one client who quit me because there was someone in town who's system sounded better. of course, you're entitled to your opinion. i do thiink RME is a very fine product. i have worked in their booth at NAMM.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Bought the RME AIO and an FMR-RNP + Shure KSM8.
Great sounding card. My kid loves it.
Total Mix is weak though, so is UADs Console 2.

Scope XITE-1 is still the best hardware mixer replacement hands down.
I like a single rack instead of components.

When UAD matures and adds MIDI CC Automations I might look again.
I got the best, no need to settle for the rest.
IMG_0558.JPG
IMG_0558.JPG (2.06 MiB) Viewed 4111 times
fraz

Post by fraz »

garyb wrote:what has happened?

the pinnacle of audio development was many, many years ago. that's why there is emulation everywhere. there has not been a significant major advancement in audio in more than 40 years. yes, computers have improved and yes, there are some really nifty programs that do totally cool things. in what way does this impact Scope negatively?

Yes emulation is good as well - https://www.u-he.com/cms/repro-1 - Just another VSTi [but a good one] - Scope has things already like this - I'm here because it's good to be here with some very old but working PCI cards that I'm very glad I've got.

I've also got a very old M-Audio 24/96 - A very basic one with 2 in and 2 out - Another PCI card - Anyway - Back to Scope ADAT I/O boxes to get external MIDI into the mixer which saves space
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I don't believe Scope sound must be improved.

But Scope software, yes !! There are a lot of possible improvments ! We already talked about them.

- Above all, midi implementation, making work the CC modulation range feature ! And more accurate midi timing.
- Possibiliy to create custom keyboard shortcuts and even macros.
- Having more devices with audio inputs (or sync) for modulation.
- Having precise and bigger modulation modules interface (like in omnisphere, kontakt or falcon, ...) where one can draw curves, lines and output sync or midi signal ; with bar marks.
- Make sample players modules working on 64 bit.

Those improvements are not huge ! But to release, let's say 1 improvement every year or even 2 years !! It would show someone is still working on Scope ! It would make some activity, some article about Scope on audio sites, etc... Bla bla bla ... Always the same discussion.

Is fixing sample players modules bug on 64bit impossible to release ?? Why is there NEVER any, at least, bug correction ??
I already know the answer : yes but S|C is a small company, if they take the time to fix those bugs, it is less time for Scope 6 or 7.... But we are waiting since 7 years ! Last update was 64bit drivers in 2010, not a new Scope ! Scope 5.1 is much older ! It is simple : I can't remember the year !

Oh ! They took the time to release 64bit drivers ! :o :-?

How can one believe Scope is perfect like today ? No improvement needed ! There is ALWAYS improvement to do ! ---- And bugs to fix !! ----
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
thomson

Post by thomson »

Scope is such a great Software.

why is there no new Hardware ?
Maybe a pcie card around 1000 €...
Only very expensive Hardware without support.
Why is there no big company which buys the scope idea?

Soniccore doesn´t do anything the last years...
But maybe....sooon :-)
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

thomson wrote:But maybe....sooon :-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
dawman

Post by dawman »

UAD could make a deal for Solaris and Modular.
Definitely could use Scope Mixers.
UAD Console 2.0 is just a lame product with great FX.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

thomson wrote: Why is there no big company which buys the scope idea?
I'm sure that he's had offers but most he probably wanted to wipe his arse with.