screen capture

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

babaorum

screen capture

Post by babaorum »

I'm always surprised when it seems to be very simple to do something but with scope it's in general a nightmare ... :oops:

I have an accessory to captur screen in video : Corel Live screen captur (delivery with Pinnacle Studio 18 ultimate) , so video is not the pb but system sound is not recorded;
I tried to add wave dest, soundcard dest , I tried with Voicemeter driver ... no success when I captur for example winodws media player it's ok I have the sound in the video
but If I tried to captur the sound of cubase => no sound.

If you have a workaround or a tips I'll be very happy ... :(
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
garyb

Re: screen capture

Post by garyb »

i don't know that app, but it either has a dialog to choose a driver or it uses the default Windows driver.
i'll bet this is a 64bit system and the 64bit Scope wave driver doesn't record, or it records really badly.

if the app won't use an ASIO driver, you'll have to run the audio through the built-in soundcard on the motherboard. it shouldn't be to hard to go out of Scope into the soundcard.
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

yes but with the mother board's sound card scope is very unstable ....

When sonic will repair the wav drivers 64 ? pffffffffff
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
garyb

Post by garyb »

the motherboard's soundcard driver isn't the cause of instability. is there a shared irq?
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Load a wave source module on Scope and wire it to your Scope analog output module. Then go in system-->sound-->play tab (or any name like this, my W7 is in french). You'll find several Scope "speaker" : 2 if you didn't add more after Scope install. Select one, then play any software on your computer that mays sound and click on "default" button.

If you don't hear any sound, try the other one. You'll hear your computer sound from one of them.

That's it.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, it should be that easy.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

garyb wrote:yes, it should be that easy.
Playing is easy, recording is a challenge.
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

Yes I already parametered that, it's ok to ear the windows sounds but impossible to record it ...

For the Gary question, yes it's a shared IRQ, so I disabled my mother board's soundcard (I even didn't pluged the cable into the PC :lol: )

I found a workaround but not very cool ...

I record the sound with V-DAT in a project during the capture , after I have to insert the sound's file in the video;

It's really really annoying to not have all multi-client drivers like before the v5.1 , I love my scope cards but sometimes I
think it's the end of her life and I want to change ,

isn't there anybody from sonic core who can correct this bug ? Is sonic core definitely dead ?
garyb

Post by garyb »

can't you move the card?

there are apps that can distribute ASIO.

if the other app is recording the wave dest, there's no reason it shouldn't work.

yes, there will be a new driver if there is a new version of Scope. it is planned and being worked on. spend lots of money and it will happen faster. money spent in the past is altrady spent and rent is always due. with more money, those who work on Scope can spend more time working on Scope. thats how the real world works. Scope is for music production and integration of many different systems. it also is quite good at providing high-end gear in a flexible package that is relatively cheap, when compared to the hardware it replaces. it's also great at providing a modular platform for audio freaks, both with the modular synths and SDK, that kind of thing doesn't get useless, i'm not sorry to say. it does all that well and because of that, it won't ever be the same as using a soundcard. i can understand that for some purposes, some thought is required, and it seems a little strange when some of those purposes are all in the box. Scope isn't in the box. unlike the computer, it does everything in realtime, so it's really it's own world. this makes things easier and harder, but it also makes almost everything possible. there are a number of different possible solutions, i'm not sure what would work best.

you could try Reroute in Reaper, that would be free to try. Reaper will allow you to route ASIO to other sequencers and apps.

there have been threads about multiclient ASIO on Z, here's an app from one of those threads:
https://o-deus-audio.com.au/ASIOLinkPro

i get the frustration, but more about what you want to do and less pfffft and :roll: would make it easier for people to help.

of course, if Scope doesn't help you, there's no need to be angry. use what works.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I don't understand... You have the windows sound thru wave source and can't record it ??

I often do this when I want to sample a sound.. I route the wave source to asio, press record et voilà !
Is your record unhearable ? Do you use right sample rate ? Maybe a clock issue ?
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

I'm really happy with scope for ASIO in the world of music so I already said it.
But why before v5 all drivers ran ok and not now since the 64bits version ?! it's not a whish's feature it's just how the platform have to work.
I don't criticize all the good amount of possibilities scope offers I just want to have this little functionality which is the minimum required for a soundcard
all soundcard on the market allows to record wav , This is the minimum service we are entitled to expect.
if the other app is recording the wave dest, there's no reason it shouldn't work.
no app allows me to record wav because I have only scope for the sound.
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

JoPo wrote:I don't understand... You have the windows sound thru wave source and can't record it ??

I often do this when I want to sample a sound.. I route the wave source to asio, press record et voilà !
Is your record unhearable ? Do you use right sample rate ? Maybe a clock issue ?
Yes with an ASIO app it's always possible but video capture's app doesn't recognize ASIO drivers but WDM drivers ...
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I think faxinadu could help...

I remember he had the same issue when he makes his Scope videos. If I remember correctly, he did it with Voicemeeter Virtual Audio Mixer in which you can route asio to WDM.

FAXI ? Allo allo ?

Anyway, I'm sure there is a solution.

I found this (but didn't watch it : no time) by typing "video capture asio" on google.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX6z_CZuYqk
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Could refrain to watch a bit... It's about odeus asio routing. But with the free Voicemeeter Virtual Audio Mixer, you should be able to achieve the same..
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

This one with voice meeter mixer ! Ah ah ah ! :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xG0OuQW0QI
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

GREAT !!!!!!
HURRA !!!!!! Thank you very much,

I tried already with voicemeeter but I didn't replaced ASIO SCOPE in Cubase by the Voicemeeter instead
and now it works well , thanks for the last link.

I 'll still keep my scope system for long time now :P :D :)
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

Here is the good way :

ho my picture's link from google drive doesn't work ... when it's not the sound now it's the images ... :roll:
ok I give you the link :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4nZIu ... sp=sharing
garyb

Post by garyb »

i'm glad you have a solution!
FernandoHood

Post by FernandoHood »

cool "fix", I should try this,
In the past i was always using a extra soundcard to video capture scope
Ocean Swift Synthesis - Scope 3rd Party Plugins
http://www.oceanswift.net
FernandoHood
http://www.fernandohood.com
Atom Sessions - Music
https://atomsessions.bandcamp.com/
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

hey no i never tried this! actually never found a solution and must resort to doing videos using my other pc that runs scope 32bit.. i will try the workaround described above, but from what i understand both programs need to then be using asio yes? i have yet to find a screen capture program that uses asio.
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/