Does anybody use midiquest editor and Midi hardware with vst

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

Does anybody use midiquest editor and Midi hardware with vst

Post by Marco »

Life could be so easy, but I want it all. Does anyone have experience with the Midi hardware modules and editor eg soundquest and the possible vst integration of your beloved old hardware synthesizers?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
JoPo

Re: Does anybody use midiquest editor and Midi hardware with

Post by JoPo »

Yes.. I still use sounddiver but it's not in vst and soundquest. If you use Cubase, you may find on internet "Cubase midi devices" for your hardware synths already builded. I found one for my Supernova. Really convenient... For my JV 2080, sounddiver is more convenient than soundquest.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Marco

Post by Marco »

I'm just trying soundquest and I hate it until now nothing works well.
I have just wasted my time with this shit. But I keep on fighting till the end, and then I will have found a way to make it use. Live isn't easy :x
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Marco

Post by Marco »

The Supernova is a wonderful piece of Hardware synthesizer
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

On my system, soundquest works well only with my JV2080. Even if a Supernova soundquest file exists, I've never being able to use it. Do you use Cubase ? If you do, have a internet research with words like "your synth name + cubase + midi device", maybe you'll find an already made midi device that may control your synth inside Cubase.

And Sounddiver works like a charm but outside your daw...Which is not that bad for me...
Marco

Post by Marco »

I guess I will try the sound diver and I hate cubase. I am searching for a good way. I only want to have find a possible way to choose sounds by program names. And edit a little bit, but arranging sounds is important. I don't need a VST integration, because the Midi stream is to slow. If I need a real time influence, then I use scope synths or hardware analog or vst synths.

I guess there is a way I can find.
fraz

Post by fraz »

MIDI QUEST is really good - I've not used it much yet but installed it to begin to get it working - It's a hassle to begin with - The tech support is good and someone always replies to emails if you get stuck and mis-understand a compatibility issue.

That was a few years ago and newer versions of Cubase may have "hardware" editors - I wouldn't buy "many" more hardware synths but will keep the ones I've got and use MIDI Quest!
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Tried Midiquest numerous times and nearly always failed. I think there's a thread on Gearslutz where I raised my issues and they responded. Turns out it doesn't work so well with many MIDI patch bays, which makes it completely useless for my needs as I'm not going to directly connect a MIDI cable to each synth as I need it.

Seems the interface is stuck in 1998 too.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

:-? But ! Isn't midi quest a part or even the same as sound quest ?
https://www.squest.com/

If I remember well, in soundquest or midi quest the supernova script is impossible to run when the JV2080 works perfectly. If I can run one, it must mean that I understand how it works, which means all synth scripts are not always operational...
In sounddiver, never any issue. And one still can find new synth file or script, don't know how to call it, on internet.
fraz

Post by fraz »

Yes JOPO it is the same company - I'm sure the device is supported - I don't know if it works or not 100% - It's now MIDI QUEST 11 so it must be getting better - Isn't sound diver something on the Apple Mac? - If so it's years old but MIDI QUEST is still being developed by the looks of it
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Well... I spend days to try to use midi quest with my supernova --> impossible when I needed 15 mn for the JV2080 ! And sounddiver works perfectly with both synth !
Marco

Post by Marco »

I have 19 synthesizers I hope it works all..... :D
First I use the sound quest, ii had problems, I switch to sound diver if I hat a problem with both I search for and specified editor program. I am shure I will come along. I'm not married with one editor program, so no problem with polygamy :D
Marco

Post by Marco »

Ahhh Mr akain! Do not use a Midi Patchbay, use more Midi boxes and fixed cables for each device. Nowadays cheap Midi interfaces are available. See mine on the picture 4x4 IO for 55€. Now I have 4 boxes cheaper than a Midi Patchbay
Tau

Post by Tau »

How about http://ctrlr.org/ ?
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Tau wrote:How about http://ctrlr.org/ ?
Yes, this one allows to create dedicted GUI available as vst synth. There are plenty of already done interfaces for a lot of hardware synths. At least the most famous...
http://ctrlr.org/panels/
Marco

Post by Marco »

Thanks I found some devices to complete my collection. But I must try all out. Who is the winner?