Scope 6 does not exist

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

tlaskows

Re: Scope 6 does not exist

Post by tlaskows »

Dante,

Did you forget your morning meds? :lol:

-Tom
auntybiotic

Post by auntybiotic »

dante wrote:NASA have one agenda. Run to Mars when earth fucks up. Well, someone tell me a better agenda ? Apart from being able to take XITE along for the ride.

has anyone envisaged what it would be like, weightless in space with a laptop and XITE floating next to you ?

:-) wibble wibble
pdistefano

Post by pdistefano »

[quote="garyb"..............

if you cannot make something really fantastic with v5.1, then no software or hardware will help you.[/quote]

Agree.....what more could be needed.......oh, except for maybe a plugin that can write music.....and perhaps one that can make coffee...get those into v6 and you got a winner :lol:
fraz

Post by fraz »

What was going to be in Scope 6 anyway?

Audio Biscuit - Par Seq

A different look maybe from pictures - But what else was going to be included? -

Everybody loves 5.1 [apart from the bugs] - That's not the point - :)
enantiodromia

Post by enantiodromia »

will scope7 solve the issue of compatibility for the new chipsets?
garyb

Post by garyb »

enantiodromia wrote:will scope7 solve the issue of compatibility for the new chipsets?
yeah, probably, sure.
it doesn't exist yet, so nobody can say for sure.
fraz

Post by fraz »

garyb wrote:
enantiodromia wrote:will scope7 solve the issue of compatibility for the new chipsets?
yeah, probably, sure.
it doesn't exist yet, so nobody can say for sure.
Hello Garyb - What was going to be included in Scope 6? - Audio Biscuit Par Seq - Scope synths integrated into Par Seq powered via the DSP. This is not that important - An XTC style mode that works in full project mode [if that makes sense]

Anyhow - I've stocked up on socket 1150 boards just in case it's confined to being a relic like a dinosaur - If / when it does emerge it will / should work with pretty much all platforms old and new

What do you know Garyb? - About development / activity / lack of activity etc.....?

I'm keeping my cards anyway - and Xite

If there was enough money available to the developers I can see if a Dante card was integrated into the Xite it would operate over LAN [or be able to] Dante is an industry standard with a Dante PCI-e card [x4 speed] - And if another module was created similar to Focusrite "Red Net 5" 32 I/O could be integrated into ANY* Dante system - Xite does 32 I/O - 16 with Z-link & 16 with ADAT - Then an ADAT box - A16 [new version] with z-link & ADAT would hook it all up - making that Dante compatible with an RJ45 LAN connector on.

Apologies if anything is incorrect but you get the idea - Then Xite a very niche product is not so niche if it is Dante compatible - It would leave current Xite owners in the lerch if this was to happen - Retrograde fitting possibly / trade in [mmmm] quite difficult

All that is a bit "pie in the sky" - But the technology exists already -

I suppose it's difficult to know which direction to take the company in - Retaining everything that makes Scope what it is - But adding some elements to improve upon it's original identity and what it is all about in the first place

Blah blah blah - Anyone here could go on and on but it's got to stop somewhere - :)
garyb

Post by garyb »

Audio Bisquit was a separate thing that the programmer who was working on Scope 6 was working on. when he messed up Scope 6, the sequencer also was abandoned. the main point of Scope 6 was cross-platform capability, a general update. i suppose that would help chipset compatibility. i'm not sure if it means anything that the current chipsets don't work correctly. when socket 1155 came out, it didn't work correctly for PCI cards, so it seemed that PCI cards were done. now the newest chipsets DO work with PCI cards. the situation is more fluid than it appears...

there is activity. i'm not privy to the details.

Dante? probably not, but MADI is possible, but then again, i have little to no say in what happens. yes, if such a thing happened it would be a new i/o card to replace the Z-link i/o card, so not much of a change. of course a module would need to be made for the Scope environment, but that's pretty doable.
enantiodromia

Post by enantiodromia »

garyb wrote: the main point of Scope 6 was cross-platform capability, a general update. i suppose that would help chipset compatibility. i'm not sure if it means anything that the current chipsets don't work correctly. when socket 1155 came out, it didn't work correctly for PCI cards, so it seemed that PCI cards were done. now the newest chipsets DO work with PCI cards. the situation is more fluid than it appears...
hey Gary i have pci that i would love to keep using but im more concerned about xite as its my daily tool , correct me if im wrong but from what i understand the new chipsets have problems with xite x99, z197 ,z297, 1151 is there any change about that you know of? have you built systems with new chipsets that worked good with xite?
garyb

Post by garyb »

socket 1150 is the best choice, Z97.

there is absolutely no advantage or reason to use anything newer. socket 1150 and 1151 will do the same amount of work. at this time, the only advantage to the newer form factor is that it's easiest to find in stores. it's just another time the computer industry forced people to buy new, when it wasn't needed.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Z97 allows use with the i7 4790k which handles all Native needs.

I actually added more of these single core only synths to my DAW and started noticing I was now down to 2 Cores with very little overhead.
No joy on Z170/H170/B150.
Overclocked my i7 to 4.4ghz and had plenty of juice.

Since then actually learned how to program Softsynth choices better.
Disabled FX Rewrote my own presets and I'm quite happy back at stock speeds.

The ASRock Z97 WS and Z97 Extreme 6 with i7 4790k CPU is perfect.
I bought spares of everything and have no worries for years to come.

FWIW The ASRock Z270 has 32bit PCI Pro4 that works with RMEs PCI Cards of yore.
fraz

Post by fraz »

Here it is

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z270%20P ... cification

With one PCI slot - OK if you've just got one card - :lol:

MSI have the Tomahawk B350 with 2 x PCI slots - O the topic of AM4 with Ryzen - The new Ryzen 5 1600 around £200 gets a benchmark similar to i7 3930 / i7 5820k

But better to find Z97
thomson

Post by thomson »

Well... lets say....
Scope Platform is dying.
The plugs are outdated and there is no update till 2927 :-)
garyb

Post by garyb »

the plugs are outdated?

you mean like a hardware compressor or synth is outdated?

yes, the marketing sucks. it's not because of philosophy.
thomson

Post by thomson »

garyb wrote:the plugs are outdated?

Hardware vs. Software....big difference
garyb

Post by garyb »

i guess, but does software suddenly start sounding bad while hardware does not? or vice-versa? :-?

what is the actual point of using anything? are you saying that Scope plugins sound worse than native because native is more up-to-date? if so, while i think there are many fantastic native plugins, i really can't say that Scope plugins should be ashamed in comparison. there are certainly things in the native world that Scope doesn't do, or that are better done natively, and that is FREAKIN cool. there are many things that Scope is not. there is nothing that is what Scope IS, either. and what it IS, is the reason i use it, and have been involved with it.

i don't care about computers or technology or fads or trends, but i guess that because i'm old. i am only interested in tools for producing high quality music and soundscapes, and ultimately, the actual music and soundscapes. or i like to see myself that way, at any rate....

i've used all the tools of music production, computers, 24 track 2 inch tape, 1/2 inch tape, 1/4 inch tape, cassette, DAT, minidisk, ADAT, digital consoles, P.A. consoles, real recording consoles, cheap mixers, etc, good mics and pres, bad mics and pres, on drugs, sober, using every type of component and fx, from cheap to EXPENSIVE($20,000 and it's just a reverb?!), i've bought, sold, and traded gear. there still isn't a competing product, and NOTHING, NOTHING made provides as much value for the money.

yes, there are flaws. yes, SonicCore isn't funded like Creamware was, so while Creamware was slow, SC is slower.

yes, there DOES need to be an update, even if just for the wave drivers.

Scope really isn't for everyone. really, that is ok. for anyone with the imagination to exploit what it is REALLY good for, it the most useful tool in the studio, depending on how geeky you might want to get with it, it's the best audio tool period, dollar for dollar(well, maybe). i think i get it. people use it and wish they had even more. i can relate to that. i have my own list of wants.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

thomson wrote:
garyb wrote:the plugs are outdated?

Hardware vs. Software....big difference
Not true. Cause actually there is NO DIFFERENCE between SCOPE and hardware cause truthfully and technically they are one-and-the-same. SCOPE plugins ARE HARDWARE and were sold EXACTLY as that in the past; ASB's, Klangbox's, and Noah were all individual SCOPE plugins sold separately as individual hardware units. Plus XITE-1 technically is no different than a external sound-module like Roland integra 7 apart from needing a computer. For some people the ASB's are classics that are still sought after to this day. I don't know what your idea of hardware is but technically SCOPE plugins were sold exactly as individual hardware units in the past and XITE-1 is not just software but is external hardware running software like many other sound-modules. SCOPE has always sold as expensive hardware cause the sound quality merited it, Native plugins close to never do this.

EDITED
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

thomson wrote:Well... lets say....
Scope Platform is dying.
The plugs are outdated and there is no update till 2927 :-)
just can't resist..... give me one plugin on any platform that is like our formulaX or our aeolian harp per examples!
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
Marco

Post by Marco »

A lot of people are paying sick prices for a 30 year old Fender guitar or a 70ties Gibson or a prophet synth. I do not care how old the software is. For me this software running on scope hardware is better the more vintage! No need to be always updated. Updates are changing the sound, maybe I want exact this old unperfect sound. Scope is an music instrument, I give a shit for an update. I want this special sound.

And yes there is no example when I think about OS Synths!

OS has the potential to get famous!
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

Just to be clear: the potential difference is between analog and digital implementation. Analog is mostly outdated, when it's used the first time (no intended upgrade), digital can be updated, because here we deal with software running on audio capable hardware.
Scope as such is neither, it's an environment, where software can run on dedicated hardware. Without hardware, Scope is nothing and the other way around. Updating Scope is mainly for the benefit of the developer of the audio software. The Scope particles/atoms/modules etc. are so small, they don't need to be upgraded generally (exceptions exist, but can be easily implemented). So IMHO any upgrade would involve a new arrangement of the basic particles of Scope. Conclusion: Scope as such can be considered outdated if you will, but the hardware (as long as it works within the given limits) is so general, any update doesn't make sense.