Connection spdif to aes ebu

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

Connection spdif to aes ebu

Post by Marco »

Can I connect a device with aes ebu out and input with this cable to scope chinch in and out?

This is only a cable connection, no resistor or any other electronics.
I want to connect to scope a FX device with aes ebu in and out to scopes spdif.

https://m.thomann.de/de/pro_snake_aes_e ... 1492330343
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
borg

Re: Connection spdif to aes ebu

Post by borg »

http://www.soundonsound.com/sound-advic ... pdif-input

never tried it myself, but I think you won't hurt anything. you'll hear whether it works or not.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
Marco

Post by Marco »

No it has a higher voltage and could probably destroy scope card! So I do not only connect and hope if it survives.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
borg

Post by borg »

well, then you already know you need something like this: http://hosatech.com/product/cdl-313/
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
Marco

Post by Marco »

I am looking for somebody, who has the answer, because there are some devices, they accept the higher voltage without any problems. Im shure gary knows this if there should be a danger for the scope card. :D
Marco

Post by Marco »

Maybe I am a lucky man, I have the sync plate here and my FX device has a bnc connection. I never used it before? I need an expert please?
garyb

Post by garyb »

AES/EBU and SP/DIF are basically the same data. SP/DIF is the consumer styandard and AES/EBU is the "pro" standard. the main difference is signal level, just like -20 and +4 audio. you can probably connect directly, but that might lead to errors. it's not the best idea. the converter box above is the right way to do it.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Thank you Gary for this answer. This box is to expensive 150€,I would rather buy a behringer src2496 used for 60€.This box can do the same but is also a Tausendsassa in conversation for all formats in all directions and a good investment for the futures potential problems with any digital translation format conversion.
garyb

Post by garyb »

as you like.
i'm sure the Behringer box is just fine. i would be happy to use it.

it's getting ...... with people saying "this or that is too expensive". there is the work you wish to do. there is a price for the parts needed to do what you wish to do. you must pay that price, if you wish to work or play. period. computers have really messed up people's perception of cost and reality. obviously, if you can spend less for the same thing or better, that's a good thing.
Marco

Post by Marco »

There are so many technical devices for each problem out there on the market there are 30 different devices with different possibilities. Today's richdom of technical devices is like a flood coming over. But the good for a user is to choose the right thing is a challenge , going the right way is game of fortune sometimes. The behringer src2496 cost new 199€ but I saw one for incredible 60€ a used good enough for my little person.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I use the Hosa to take Solaris SP/DIF to AES/EBU.
Marco

Post by Marco »

I love the A16 Audiobahn by Creamware.

All connected this morning, but still not finished.

If you like, please send me a a picture of your studio! Is always interesting what other people do....
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Absolutely obvious ! It lacks precisely an Xite-1 in this home studio ! :roll:
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
dante

Post by dante »

Ive connected Pulsar SP/DIF to XITE-1D AES-EBU - at 96Khz - on the same PC - no probs whatsoever.