trying to handle 3 scope systems

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

haba

trying to handle 3 scope systems

Post by haba »

Hello dear community, I bought yesterday my third scope system. So I'm running now 2 X quadcore with 3 scope each on 5.1 and one dualcore with 2 scope 1 luna on 4.5. Any suggestions on how to link them together and how to obtain the best handling? I have outboard too (about 20 synths and modules) two mixer, effects etc. I was thinking maybe connecting them via lightpipe and make one of them Master and the other two slawes. On the master I woul like to link two behringer ad8000 and a luna 2496 box. Would tis work? Or should I connect instead via analog IO? Thank you for any help Haba.
Marco

Re: trying to handle 3 scope systems

Post by Marco »

Hallo haha. You made a good choice. You can connect everything in any way you like into scope. I have 3x15dsp cards all possible adad connected via light pipe and the all spdif and the analog connection too. At the end I have 60 input and 60 output. I use a lot of synthesizer and effects external all connected to the scope. All working. This configuration is the maximum number for Scope. All the smaller configurations should work fine. Best is you just try all out and if anything should not work, come over and ask here again! In your case it would be worth to invest in a Patchbay for easy connections.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
haba

Post by haba »

thank you Anabella. The last three cards should arrive in a day or two. Couldnt resist seeing 3 cards gen 2 going for 360...I was thinking for using one system for seqencing and mixing the vintage outboard gear without effects like the tx7, dss1, k1, tg33 etc, and the other 2 systems for plugins and vst.
Marco

Post by Marco »

You are really a crazy guy, but I like it what you are doing! I did everything in one PC, and it works very well. I'm recording a lot of acoustic instruments too. Nothing is impossible! You have very nice old synths! If you really want to connect 2 or scope systems together, then this will be challenging task. Maybe you can degrade 2 systems to synthesizer and connect the audio output via audio in and out digital spdif or analog. Und use the 3rd system as recording and mixing mastering machine. There are many different ways possible. It depends on your personal type of work flow.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
haba

Post by haba »

Thank you Anabella, I wish I had a system like yours...but I startet with a luna (before I was using and still use triple dat too :-) from time to time) and was updating thru the years when I had money or found a good deal. Thats why I'm stuck in a system like this...with the noise of 3 PC and different plugins on each PC. But scope is fun...I dont want to live without. When I`m playing around with VST I allways get tired, its the same when I'm playing guitar with my pod1, sounds good but I'm tired ...:-). I guess I'm gonna try to connect them first via ADAT and decide then who is the master...
Marco

Post by Marco »

There will always be a better system out there, anybody using it. Look to yourself. Are you making music or still configurating? What do you really need? I started 17 years ago to stop selling any of my music equipment. Just buying if needed. You get more and more satisfied with that what you have! Because you are using it! A lot of people are only looking out for new equipment and never get happy with that what they have. So my hint is, configure and play till next century.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Triple Dat was my first contact with Creamware.
haba

Post by haba »

You ar right Anabella...it`s impossible to make the right decision everytime, I still hold too on the first synth I bought (Korg T3). Dont use it much, but it brings back memories. More has been done with less...
Marco

Post by Marco »

I sold a lot of synthesizers and now 17 years later I bought them all back in a few months! This experience is very worthful experiment, because the memories hanging on these old machines makes you more happy than getting a very new synth. It is a very different experience! You will start a new relationship to your old fashioned instruments and the past is back, you feel good!
haba

Post by haba »

yes...they have their own magic
fraz

Post by fraz »

haba wrote:Hello dear community, I bought yesterday my third scope system. So I'm running now 2 X quadcore with 3 scope each on 5.1 and one dualcore with 2 scope 1 luna on 4.5. Any suggestions on how to link them together and how to obtain the best handling? I have outboard too (about 20 synths and modules) two mixer, effects etc. I was thinking maybe connecting them via lightpipe and make one of them Master and the other two slawes. On the master I woul like to link two behringer ad8000 and a luna 2496 box. Would tis work? Or should I connect instead via analog IO? Thank you for any help Haba.
Hi,

This is a Toslink Patchbay - I plan on one eventually - They can be made to special order too! - That routing sure can get crazy!!! - It could be a way to split up the ADAT boxes such as A16 Ultra from the physical toslink inputs of the sound cards - Just an idea - Something else to puzzle over :lol:

http://www.z-sys.com/pp_routing.html
haba

Post by haba »

Thank you for your sugestion fraz.
Belive it or not, I googled arround and found that solution too...on ebay ist one for sale now, asking 200...
At the moment I'm broke but shure I will consider this one in the future.
Thinking now about runnig in PC1 the outboard (24 ins 3 optical outs) and in PC2 only Plugins. Running PC2 thru PC1 gives me the possibillity of using eq and compression on the chanels (if I get short of DSPs I coud use one channel/or more of my analog mixer or outbord compressor)...Summing and mastering I will do in the 3th Computer. PC1 is master PC2 and PC3 slaves. I' not shure about the sync...the AD converter would be slaved on PC1 too...