Monitoring audio signal

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

fidox

Monitoring audio signal

Post by fidox »

Hi !

Can i monitor audio signal (final mix), which comes from STM Scope mixer to Cubase and then i want to apply final mastering in Cubase,
so i can hear changes to that audio signal from Scope.

Normally i finish mastering in Scope and then i'm recording final mix in Cubase,
but i'd like to use also software mastering tools, so i want to hear , what i'm doing.
Music Manic

Re: Monitoring audio signal

Post by Music Manic »

fidox wrote:Hi !

Can i monitor audio signal (final mix), which comes from STM Scope mixer to Cubase and then i want to apply final mastering in Cubase,
so i can hear changes to that audio signal from Scope.

Normally i finish mastering in Scope and then i'm recording final mix in Cubase,
but i'd like to use also software mastering tools, so i want to hear , what i'm doing.
Yes you can send the mix output back into Cubase then a separate mix send to your monitors through Scope.
fidox

Post by fidox »

Music Manic wrote:
Yes you can send the mix output back into Cubase then a separate mix send to your monitors through Scope.
thanks for your reply.
and my second question is, how can i do that ? maybe project picture.
i think i have once treid that, but probably more than 5 years ago. :)
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

ASIO channel 1 is your main mix. This can be multiple ASIO channels if you want to mix within Scope. ASIO 2 is just a spare set of Stereo input and output channels you need for the separate master mix.

Asio 2 input from the mixer output will receive your whole mix and send it back into Cubase. On the same channel of your DAW set your Asio output to asio2(or whichever you have available) and this is sent to Wolf's switch (free) which bypasses the Scope mixer. You can re-route it to Scope mastering devices if you wish. I've just loaded the basic route.

You can use Wolf's switch to monitor either the mix or mastered version. You can also do that in Cubase another way by soloing or muting the mastered version.

Hope that helps.
Attachments
Master Re-Route.jpg
Master Re-Route.jpg (183.1 KiB) Viewed 2015 times
fidox

Post by fidox »

Music Manic wrote: Hope that helps.

ofcourse, that helps a lot ! :)
thank you very much