Modo Bass !!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Modo Bass !!

Post by JoPo »

Have you heard of Modo Bass from IK multimedia ?

This is ab-so-lu-te-ly fantastic ! Even better than Scarbee basses ! But not for free : 300€ ! A bit expensive but worth it ! Ok... Just for people who don't have a good bassist as neighbour.

Have a look at this 8 bar loop I made to start a new project :

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

This is bass modeiling, not samples. Just one or two little things to improve such as slide speed : the fastest isn't enough at all ! But all other features are delicious !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Marco

Re: Modo Bass !!

Post by Marco »

I play real bass with a big tube amp and a big cabinet. I can hear a difference and no I will not change it. I play more sophisticated with my fingers and pelc than this.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Great for you ! I don't ! As said : "Just for people who don't have a good bassist as neighbour." !
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

I love IK Multimedia's products and truly believe they are a bit under-rated out here (especially with their effects). Some people choose to see them as a toy making company and I suspect it's due to all the IOS products and the big goofy logo T-RackS plugins had, and plus their older products generally weren't that good and people may be judging them off the older ones. They are truly amongs the best Native companies IMO.

I was interested in MODO but unfortunately it and several other of IK's latest products are 64bit O/S only and I'm still on Windows 32bit and plan on staying here for a while. It seems many companies are now trying to force everyone to go 64bit after going over a decade treating 64bit as if it had no importance. 64bit wasn't urgent to me 12 years ago and it certainly did not magically become urgent to me now. But good marketing and a little arm-twisting does seem to change the tide with consumer's interests with many technologies the powers-that-be wish to push, sadly.

MODO doesn't sound 100% realistic but did sound passable with some simple melodies and still makes a great creative-tool. I'm no bass player and am not really that picky so I do really like these type of tools (I love SCOPE's 6-String). If and when I do go 64bit I likely will get MODO since I have nothing like that in my Native-land tool-set but my current filtering system does save me a lot of money and time i.e. 32bit software only/no-dongles/no virtual-dongles/no other dsp-cards/Windows only/etc so me missing out on many of the latest advancements is a good thing.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I tried different IK stuff and the bass amp is very good, but nothing more... Untill modo bass ! The sound is not bad at all. In the loop, I added the waves guitar/bass amp.
I didn't know about 32/64 bit. I don't remember if it asked 32 or 64 bit during installation.
The only really good bass, for me, are Scarbee one's. If you have the courage to improve them in kontakt.. But with modo bass, you can trigger finger / pick / slap articulation very easilly, ghost note, etc... You can put 5 strings on all basses ! And modify the sound in a lot of different way. Control the depth of muted notes !

But ... No fretless bass and upright either... :( For upright bass, the best is Chris Hein one but I had to tweak it a lot in kontakt to get a better result. I don't find upright bass really satisfactory, even the Ample Sound "ABU" is not as good as I hoped.
And the best fretless, for me, is in Trillian ; but to play different articulations in live mode is painful ! And one needs one full instance of Trillian/omnisphere !