Steinberg VST System Link

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Re: Steinberg VST System Link

Post by JoPo »

I connected 2 pc together. First I wanted to use VST link but you need 2 cubase licenses !! Wich application do you use on the other pc that support VST system link ? At the time I wanted to do the same I didn't found any : just to buy another cubase license ! I would have prefered to stop making music and start kniting, instead. I don't want to give Steinberg any € more.
But I'm curious to know how you did that.

Oops ! Sorry ! I see you use V-Stack ! But as said, it's 32bit and not compatible with big sample libraies I use. I think it's really puky to implement vst system link in cubase, then stop to support V-Stack ! Fucking steinberg ! When I asked to steinberg support how I could link my 2 pc, then told me to buy another cubase license ! :x

My both pc were already connected via adat : pc with xite <---> pc with pci cards. But I wanted to use the cpu power of the older one in cubase on the new one. And the from very far best solution I've found is vienna pro :
https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Vienna_Softwar ... uments_PRO
There is a 6.0 version but ... Expensive ! And the n°5 version is totally enough.

With a 1 Gbits/s network, you can use the entire power of the other pc or even several other ones.

I'm very satisfied and VEP worth it !

Ecco...
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
fidox

Post by fidox »

Master computer -
Cubase 9 Artist
Windows 10 64bit Pro

Slave computer-
Cubase Elements 8
Windows 10 64bit Home

I'm using this type of connection if i want to use some more scope power from slave computer (synths...) and maybe few vst plugins.
Attachments
scope-master-01.jpg
scope-master-01.jpg (142.02 KiB) Viewed 2771 times
scope-slave-01.jpg
scope-slave-01.jpg (133.03 KiB) Viewed 2771 times
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Great ! :)
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <