Anyone into Eventide VST Plugins?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Anyone into Eventide VST Plugins?

Post by Nestor »

I have been trying recently the Eventide VST Plugins and they are absolutely fantastic! I never tried them before and they are now my absolute favorites, by far. Of course, there are very many good outstanding plugins out there. Why do I like them so much? I think they match my exact musical taste to perfection! I could work with these plugins forever without touching anything else.

If you don’t know them, please, try them out, they are a must, seriously:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins

If you are interested, there are many videos to see how they work and get some ideas about these amazing plugins:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/videos
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
yayajohn

Re: Anyone into Eventide VST Plugins?

Post by yayajohn »

Well I do not doubt that they are very good plugs. Not cheap but neither is their hardware. Have you checked out the valentine's day sale? dNa has some top notch stuff. :D
braincell

Post by braincell »

When I bought their space reverb, I got Black Hole for free. I hated it. First it sounds bad compared to their hardware but secondly, it was just not a stable plugin. I would not pay anything for that.
Marco

Post by Marco »

I prefer dna fx
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
borg

Post by borg »

During the last Black Friday sales, I got the Anthology X bundle insanely cheap. (I already had two plugs I once bought at a bargain introductory price, with the recent sale got another two plugs for $29, so was allowed to upgrade to the entire bundle for only $99!)
Empressor is great, so is of course the H3000, some nice modulators and harmonizers. All in all a very nice bundle I couldn't afford at $1200 full price, but I paid around $250 in total, which is extremely good value! Not really impressed by the reverbs as well...

But, I must say the Soundtoys plugins get the most use in my music. I really like these. The main man behind Soundtoys is also of Eventide fame (maybe a relative, Gary?).

I had been making music for over 10 years only using Scope, but the last few years I was on the move a lot, so needed to look into native. There is some nice stuff outside Scope :wink:
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Very interesting guys... :wink: thanks. The more I try the more I like them... These really are extremely creative tools, way beyond anything VST related I had ever tryed before in the form of a VST plugin. Amazing!

They are pretty expensive for me, but I want them, they are in the list with Keyscape! :D
Marco

Post by Marco »

OMG I got the keyscape and I LOVE IT! that is amazing. I like the dna stuff because in scope I have it in real-time, and that is what I want. It is like Hardware.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Thanks Anabella, you push me toward Keyscape even more! I want it! :)

BTW: the H3000 is amazing! Omnipressor, a wild extremely musical, it has a gating, expansion, compression, limiting, and dynamic reversal, you can go beyond with this one. Blackhole is really, really amazing, particularly for vocals, it is silky and delicate, magical and cosmic too. Octavox, Ultrachannel, Ultrareverb, everything is so useful: GREAT SOUNDING PLUGINS!!! :)
braincell

Post by braincell »

anabella wrote:OMG I got the keyscape and I LOVE IT! that is amazing. I like the dna stuff because in scope I have it in real-time, and that is what I want. It is like Hardware.
You can load Keyscape into Omnisphere which is very cool.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

This is my main goal!
astroman

Post by astroman »

borg wrote:... Empressor is great, so is of course the H3000, some nice modulators and harmonizers. All in all a very nice bundle I couldn't afford at $1200 full price, but I paid around $250 in total, which is extremely good value! Not really impressed by the reverbs as well...

But, I must say the Soundtoys plugins get the most use in my music. I really like these. The main man behind Soundtoys is also of Eventide fame (maybe a relative, Gary?). ...
funny, had the same idea when I recently installed some of his old Pro Tools plugins.
As I just mentioned in another thread (before reading this one) it's great sounding stuff, but as long as I haven't compared I doubt the VSTs compare to the DSP versions.
Same opinion on their reverbs, not cool.

cheers, Tom
Marco

Post by Marco »

I don't have Omnisphere.... Until now. Because I guess it would make me wired if I had to many sounds. I m a fan of overview, and so I cut the mass of sounds to keep creative. But Omnisphere is on my list. And Behringer D +DM 12