dead Alesis Blackface

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

Post by bosone »

does anyone have a dead alesis blackface to give me, in order to use only the analog in/out and the adat in/out for adding I/O to my pulsar??
(no need to use it as a recorder!)
remixme

Post by remixme »

Yeah, good choice, no sorry I haven't got one, but one additional plus about that purchase, is if you don't think the quality is good enough, if you are handy with a soldering Iron you can upgrade the convertors.
Add life to your days, not days to your life.
blazesboylan

Post by blazesboylan »

I'm an ADAT neophyte but... can you use the lightpipe out on the ADAT at the same time as the AD converters?

My impression from the online manual (http://www.alesis.com/downloads/manuals/adat_man.pdf p. 35) was that you have to change modes (to "digital in" or something like that) in order to play via lightpipe -- so does that not disable the AD inputs? Or, to put it another way -- I had the impression that ADATs could ONLY do backup via lightpipe.

No?

Thanks!

Johann

On 2002-06-27 08:05, remixme wrote:
Yeah, good choice, no sorry I haven't got one, but one additional plus about that purchase, is if you don't think the quality is good enough, if you are handy with a soldering Iron you can upgrade the convertors.
Addendum:

Well, a few months ago I picked up an ADAT blackface and an ADAT XT, both with busted transports, for $100 USD each, and they work beautifully as A-D / D-A converters. Check out your local recording studios to see if they're dumping any old ADATs!

Thanks for the tip Bosone! Cheers,

Johann

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blazesboylan on 2003-05-07 17:15 ]</font>