Scope Instruments demos

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

hubird

Re: Scope Instruments demos

Post by hubird »

exellent!
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Hmm, I don't remember Six-String sounding like this when I had it some 10 years ago. I tried to make it sound like a guitar. But nothing beats a cheap acoustic/electric...

-Tom
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

tlaskows wrote:Hmm, I don't remember Six-String sounding like this when I had it some 10 years ago. I tried to make it sound like a guitar. But nothing beats a cheap acoustic/electric...

-Tom
Yes I was trying to make it sound as little like a guitar as possible. I originally intended to do a strumming demo (hence the name demo 1) but the strumming VSTi I had is no longer supported so I need another solution to that. I always use a real guitar rather than any modelling instrument or sample library, even if it's less polished.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Yeah, I recorded my Seagull S6 with an SM57 and it sounded lot more like a real guitar than any plugin or samples I have ever heard... And this was a long time ago...

-Tom
Marco

Post by Marco »

Hi Tom, when I heard that six strings from SC I was shure, this is far away from any guitar. The worst real guitar sounds more like a guitar than this strange thing. The wirred demos on the sc website tries to emulated guitar, but why? This Plugin is nothing full nothing half for me. As a synth maybe a usage and as guitar too.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Marco

Post by Marco »

A real piano was killed by synthetic synthesis, a Moog and a Saxophone maybe too. But a good guitar and real bass players will never be substituted.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

What's wrong with the saxophone? I have a friend that plays a sax. He was told by his music teacher that he was the best he's ever heard in high school. And no music teacher ever says that. That was almost 20 years ago. He also plays drums at a church for fun and he's very good.

I played second clarinet in high school in few bands. When I felt like sleeping, I played third clarinet. Could sight read junior, intermediate and senior band. Wind Ensemble took a lot of practice.

What I'm trying to say, there are a lot of interesting instruments other than a piano. My friend can't really play the piano at all.

As much as I am starting to dislike synthesizers, they are just convenient for certain sounds.

-Tom
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Really great width of sounds on the Poison demo! I really liked the simplicity of that synth, and just how FM the whole thing sounds. And well, yeah, it's FM sounding very FM. Something to be lauded about that. FM trying not to sound FM is a wasted opportunity.

6 strings: I think is fine as a demo of physmod doing non real-life things. I mean, that tends to be a genre of physmod use that is ever popular. If not a guitar, I think the tune is a cool composition for just simply "plucked metal things".

Inferno: way to rip it. About as far as you can go with Inferno I think.

EZsynth: cool percussive use. Not quite exactly like a drum synth. Great timbre separation between the parts, that's hard to do with such a limited synth. (patching skillz!)