super juiced up piano etude

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

super juiced up piano etude

Post by kensuguro »

Etudes. If you've taken lessons for any instruments, you come across them. The dumbest sounding, lame-ass sequences of notes that don't sound like anything, and give your fingers a workout. Who the hell writes these things? And for what reason other than for the agony of the young instrument learner are they brought into existence? These damned creatures, etudes.

So I took the first etude from my daughter's piano book and juiced it up. Well, granted you can barely hear the etude. The etude itself barely has any musicality to it, so you can say I just painted over it.. ;-)
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

hubird

Re: super juiced up piano etude

Post by hubird »

nice, likes for the break! :)
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

sounds progressive :D
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

There ought to be a book of etudes like Czerny or whatever that only has cool phrases. Or well, I guess that's called practicing blues licks in every key, at increasingly grueling tempo. I got much better doing that as an adult than any crap piano etude book I did back in 4th grade.
David

Post by David »

:lol: Fantastic!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Lots of fun Ken :lol: crazy...., this makes it much easyer for your sister... you could even make up a whole book in this way, and I'm sure many people would thank you :)
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

I really love the 1982-84 vibe in all your most recent posts. 80's boogie (never liked the name boogie) is one of my favorite styles of music, especially the European (French + Italian) stuff. All that's missing in your songs are the hand claps with the snare. Seriously you have a nice touch with these. Nice keyboard playing.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Thanks for stopping by to post your music here, Ken. I always appreciate hearing what people are up to, especially with experiments intended for learning and playfulness!
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

btw, I can kind of see the boogie connection, but I thought boogie was much more like electro funk, ie Zapp, fairly rigid bass lines. Chord palette is pretty much the same since I think it was more of a reprise of disco with the now more accessible synths (by the 80s). IMO my recent stuff is less synth based I think (as far as overall sound design), but since it's similar vocabulary, hence the connection.