Xite-1 preamps & other I/O

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

fraz

Xite-1 preamps & other I/O

Post by fraz »

Hi,

Quick question - If pre amps / DI are used do these by default remove/use two of the I/O channels? -

There are 32 I/O 16 ADAT & 16 Z-LINK [plus the other digital / analog I/O]-I'm just planning some I/O's and have left 4 remaining for preamps etc....so no matter what a project is in size / connections there are some spare channels for use -

Thanks
garyb

Re: Xite-1 preamps & other I/O

Post by garyb »

you mean the analog i/o?
no, the pres and the analog i/o are separate.
fraz

Post by fraz »

garyb wrote:you mean the analog i/o?
no, the pres and the analog i/o are separate.
OK that's good to know - The analog I/O being L/R in [analog source / destination]

Are the pres totally separate from the ADAT / Z-Link?

[btw - I think the answer is yes] - But I was worried that if the ADAT ports on Xite-1 were permanently connected EG- ADAT 1 in A & ADAT 1 out A [for VSL]-& the ADAT B in / B out were used for 8 I/O with another computer [gateway]

There was concern that this would affect the mic pres and mean that they would not be able to be used - But this does not seem to be the case- [which is good] - So the analog and digital I/O can all be in use and still the mic pres on Xite-1 will still be able to be used - This is correct right?

Its a long winded way of asking but it is important - Thanks
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

Yes, that's correct!
All the 38 audio inputs and 38 audio outputs of the XITE-1 can be used at the same time.