Which plugins work on XITE1 / Scope x64

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

TOM.DJ

Which plugins work on XITE1 / Scope x64

Post by TOM.DJ »

I have the feeling I use to little amount of plugins inside the scope platform after switching to Xite1.
The reason is, some plugins just don't work (e.g. missing .dsp files), and some even make the whole system crash with a bluescreen (e.g. Zarg Darkstar, or Ambient not sure) when using samples.

Anyway, does anyone know if there is a list of plugins which work with XITE1 and Scope5 x64?

Thanks in advance!
tlaskows

Re: Which plugins work on XITE1 / Scope x64

Post by tlaskows »

Anything that uses samples/WAV files will crash your system in 64 bit. But mostly everything works great. I am on PCI.

-Tom
garyb

Post by garyb »

do you run Scope "as administrator"? right click on the Scope icon and choose "run as administrator".

yes, old sample based patches on Zarg synths and STS samplers will crash in 64bit. get rid of the "thing one" and "thing two" samples.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

I just right click on the Scope icon and check run as administrator...

-Tom
TOM.DJ

Post by TOM.DJ »

Hi Gary,

That's a smart one. I will get rid of them! Thanks.
I have turned off user account control. So admin user should not be a problem. But I will try anyway.

Would be great if this sample issue will be fixed in the next update. Kind of a must for an audio platform.

Regards Tom.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Even if you turn off the Windows security all the way down, you still need to run the app as admin...

-Tom
garyb

Post by garyb »

TOM.DJ wrote:Hi Gary,

That's a smart one. I will get rid of them! Thanks.
I have turned off user account control. So admin user should not be a problem. But I will try anyway.

Would be great if this sample issue will be fixed in the next update. Kind of a must for an audio platform.

Regards Tom.
running "as administrator" has nothing to do with your user account. it involves windows security. apps are not given access to system resources like ram, unless you give your specific ok. it's because the computer industry wants you to use only online apps, and so there's a need to protect you against unwanted processes taking over your computer.

when you right click on the icon and choose "run as administrator"(when starting Scope), you will get a warning message asking if it's ok for Scope to make changes to the system. you must answer "yes". the "missing files" errors that you have been getting are because Windows is blocking those files from running. you need administrator mode(which again, has NOTHING to do with your user account) to allow those files access to the PC's system.

the sample issue is because those plugins and the samplers were made almost 20 years ago, and there was no such thing as 64bit windows. it's likely that this will be addressed in v6, but until we see at least a working beta of v6, it's anyone's guess. i think that the samplers and the plugins would need to be rewritten to fix the issue. this could be done right now in SDK, but it's a heck of a job that only an experienced programmer could pull off...
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

If you turn off the security all the way down, it doesn't ask you if you want to run this app...

-Tom
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

It looks something like this under Win7. With the security off, it will never ask you if you want to run this app.