new creamware ASB pro12 user introducing my self.

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

sound warrior

new creamware ASB pro12 user introducing my self.

Post by sound warrior »

hi all, i'm trey from the uk and i'm totally blind.

I've just bought a creamware ASB pro12 today and i'm really exited to try it out! its every thing the profit08 wishes it was lol :)

I've been wanting one for about 2 weeks now and i thought i wasn't going to get one cause there as rere as unicorns tears but i spotted one in a shop and just had to snap it up! i can't weight to demo it to you guys.

any way i just thought ide introduce my self.

thanks for reeding kind regards trey.
ronnie

Re: new creamware ASB pro12 user introducing my self.

Post by ronnie »

Welcome aboard!
sound warrior

Post by sound warrior »

cool thanks man :) any thing you think i might find difficult about the pro12 because i'm blind?

your help with this question would be most welcome kind regards trey.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Hi trey! I remember you from the Gearslutz forum, I am Sounddesigner. I'm the one who answered your thread at Gearslutz's Electronic music section concerning your interests in getting a Pro12. I see you eventually found one, good for you! I'm sure you'll love the sound of that emulation! Congradulations and good luck! And welcome!
sound warrior

Post by sound warrior »

thanks guys if i find that i need to do a firmware update are updates still available from sonic core?
also yesterday i tried to access the software ftp serverce i found on the creamware website but i was told i needed a password to access them is this the case? and would i need to register to get a pass word?

your help with these question would be most welcome kind regards trey.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

No you don't need any passwords. Maybe you were looking at an old Creamware ftp?

In any case, try the following link:

ftp://sonic-core.net/software/ASB_Boxes/PRO-12/

All the firmware versions are there.
garyb

Post by garyb »

don't install firmware until you've read the instructions carefully and until you have the software key, which you can get by writing to support with the Pro12's serial number.

if the filter and oscillator controls are smooth on your box, and not "steppy", then you probably have the latest firmware, regardless of what the box may report.

the firmware and remote software were both made by Creamware, some eight years ago. SonicCore is just providing a goodwill archive. the remote software only works in XP and OSX 10.2.
sound warrior

Post by sound warrior »

ok guys so if i gave sonic core my device serial number would they still provide me with a key?

and if the official creamware ASB pro12 software does not run on current windows and mac operating systems is there another unofficial third party solution? and how are users meant to update there pro 12's now?

your help with this question would be most welcome kind regards trey.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

yep, the can give you the key...

The control software seemed to operate properly on Win7 64 bit, but I did it from an old XP machine just to be safe.

I connected using USB.

-Tom
garyb

Post by garyb »

here's another example of the computer mentality.

an instrument that already sounds good and works well doesn't need to be upgraded.
anyway, it's not a SonicCore product, so SonicCore doesn't keep it currently updated. that would involve paying programmers to keep writing code, which costs a lot of money. who will pay?

the remote software can probably be used in newer versions of windows if you only want to program patches, but the update won't work in anything newer than XP or OSX 10.2.

also, you should know that anytime you update firmware on ANY device, there's a slight chance that you will have a brick instead of a synth when you are done. the only reason to update the firmware is if either the unit's firmware becomes corrupted, in which case the firmware can be reloaded, or if it has the very first firmware which didn't work correctly. otherwsie, the synth is what it is, a very nice synth that sounds great.