Another one for the theater

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: Hip Hop<BR> <a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: Pulsar Mixers<BR> Ken Suguro for URB02<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> Well, here's yet another for the theater tunes. This one features the "lute" (thanx to spacef) and is sort of a cheery, light hearted tune. The main problem I have with this tune is that it's got no central theme, or melody of any sort. But I'm guessing since the dancers will be the ones on focus, it might be better if the tune had no attention grabbing melodies.. not sure. And also, I already have too many lutes in there so it's hard to make one stand out from the rest of the crowd.. any ideas?

To me, it sounds.. sort of Indian because of the off-8th (like every other 8th) accent.. Am I straying too far from being Japanese? who knows.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2002-06-08 07:00 ]</font>
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

oh yeah, I used the dubsub free synth. Sounds totally awesome!
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Indian? Naw...

You have your "melodic" element with the cut-off modulated bass. Perhaps a tiny bit too in-your-face....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: paulrmartin on 2002-06-08 09:49 ]</font>
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

The sound is very good but the low frequencies of the kick distorts a bit here, perhaps cos my monitors are a bit small, I don’t think they distort in your studio. It would be nice to know what is happening on the performance while this is going on Ken cos the music is very allusive to something, it lets you feel something is going on. Tell me more if you have the time please.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

yup, I noticed that too. The entire sound file was kind of clippped so I'm planning to do a remix of it before the final version. I had to get this one done quick so the choreographer could work on it.

On stage, this one is mostly new kind of moves we thought of. In detail, it's stuff like organizing moves into groups, depending on when the motion hits maximum velocity, (just before the count, right on count, right after the count, and so on) and then the dancers go through the groups one by one. I got this idea from concotanative (what's that word?) synthesis, where you chop up sounds, re-organize them, and then play it back. It's used alot in voice synthesis these days. Anyway, that's in detail. The big picture would be a very stylish kind of dance that's totally un-agressive.