SPDIF Glitches

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

emotive

SPDIF Glitches

Post by emotive »

I'm doing nothing ultra-weird, I just have 48 channels from Cubase going into a stereo S/PDIF and there are glitches now and then.

Why?
Last edited by emotive on Sat May 03, 2014 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
dante

Re: Scope is not perfect - Glitches

Post by dante »

ULLI settings / sample rate / DSP count / Scope version / RAM / CPU / motherboard / BIOS tweaks / what makes you thinks its Scope ?

Not near enough info dude.
emotive

Post by emotive »

Hi Dante,

- ULLI 34ms
- sample rate 44.1Khz @ 24bits
- Scope 5.1, Windows 8.1 and Cubase 7.0.7
- Asrock FM2 A75 Pro4 with A10-5800K
- Default BIOS settings

Someone said in another thread when I was talking about AES/EBU, in that I may have been using it inadvertently for S/PDIF; I changed card but the same thing still occurs.

Thanks for any pointers or help.
dante

Post by dante »

Theres some tips here :

http://www.hitfoundry.com/tsg/tsg_mast.htm

But not specifically SPDIF related - maybe someone else can chime in on that & search for Gary's bios tweaks somewhere..
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Really? You're just going to keep posting in the General forum rather than Problems forum every time with no regard to netiquette?
emotive

Post by emotive »

Mr Arkadin wrote:Really? You're just going to keep posting in the General forum rather than Problems forum every time with no regard to netiquette?
I suppose not, but I was a bit sick of the "is scope alive thread" when at least in my machine it is :)
hubird

Post by hubird »

Why do you start a problem thread (indeed in the wrong thread) with the subject 'Scope is not perfect'?
You ask help for your specific problem and start with attacking Scope?

Besides, who said Scope is perfect?
It's only near perfect...

Geezzz...
emotive

Post by emotive »

Hubird

There has been no attack in this thread so I don't know where you are coming from I'm afraid (like most users here, they tend not to know where a new user like myself is coming from so all in all I'll take it as it comes).

Maybe there is a disease in this forum that I hopefully won't catch but I'm not sure I can give it a name because the symptoms are so broad ranging as to put a finger on what is exactly the problem.
hubird

Post by hubird »

emotive wrote:... ranging as to put a finger on what is exactly the problem.
problem was this:
hubird wrote:Why do you start a problem thread (indeed in the wrong thread) with the subject 'Scope is not perfect'?
You ask help for your specific problem and start with attacking Scope?
Attacking Scope this:
emotive wrote:Scope is not perfect - Glitches
Who said...etc. etc.
emotive

Post by emotive »

Hubird, Mr. Arkadin already spoke to me about the "thread" so your help (not forthcoming) here isn't really necessary and only adds to the general noise in the forum.

With Scope not actually being a person, and therefore not subject to any rules as laid down by Mod John, I would say you are out of order.

Cheers
hubird

Post by hubird »

that's distracting rhetorics.
emotive

Post by emotive »

hubird wrote:that's distracting rhetorics.
Exactly, just as you chimed in on a thread with nothing to offer other than to re-inforce what was already said but which did not (arguably) need to be re-iterated.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

emotive, you won't get much help in the general discussion forum.

G
garyb

Post by garyb »

probably not Scope related, probably dgital clock issues, if playback is ik through analog.
if playback is still glitchy though the analog outs, it's the cpu topping out. you can run 64 channels if the computer will support the traffic.
happycritter

Post by happycritter »

emotive wrote:
Bud Weiser wrote:Meanwhile I more and more DON´T understand what you´re complaining about.

[...]

O.k.,- when such feature like the Chord Editor is SOOOOOOOOOO important for you,- my 3rd assumption is, you´re a (eventually very young) amateur musician w/o knowledge about music theory, eventually also w/o knowledge about other recording and mixing related theory, don´t have XITE-1D or XITE-1, but come to a forum of mostly advanced users of formerly Creamware and S|C hardware and software and type endless and senseless posts.

When we talk about SCOPE and XITE,- any featuritis-talk about native VST host applications belongs to the "OFF-TOPIC" thread, you know.
While you make useful contributions, your assumptions are less than welcome.

This is General Scope, so we can talk about native or anything musically related.
From a Bayesian epistemological perspective, given enough samples with a coherent frequency - then 'assumptions' very soon become knowledge...
xw8400
2.33 GHz Xeon Quad core (E5345 Socket 771) x2
32Gb ECC buffered memory
AMD HD7700
Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb root drive
Windows 7 Pro (64bit)
Sonar Platinum
XITE-1 (flipping awesome!)
emotive

Post by emotive »

happycritter wrote:From a Bayesian epistemological perspective, given enough samples with a coherent frequency - then 'assumptions' very soon become knowledge...
People in this forum tend to have a fixed view of what things, i.e. computers, software and equipment do and often try to impose that on others.

I will not stand for this in particular assumptions made about how one should work.

Oh and bringing in posts from another thread is not all that impressive to say the least.
ehasting

Post by ehasting »

Spdif glitches, how is your sync setup? Digital signals are sensitive stuff.
Higen
http://www.scopeportal.com - Community Sonic Core SCOPE Plugins and Devices
http://www.higen.org
emotive

Post by emotive »

Hi,

It's likely my cable being "home made".

The DAC I am using (BMC-2) is meant to have some kind of re-clocking function but alas there is a glitch here and there.

I only use a single Avantone Active Mixcube so the volumes aren't a worry at this stage but it (dac) also has ADAT in so I will try that if it becomes a real problem as well as get a proper coaxial cable.

Thanks to all as usual for the pointers and assistance.

P.S. Do those synths work in 64 bit and how do you install them :)
garyb

Post by garyb »

no problem. fix the title, please.

computers don't do anything new, by the way. they still only model reality. they're not magic or mystical, except in the sense that the world that spawned them is quite mystical and magic. they work or don't work according to logic, which is quite finite.

anything done with computers, musically, has already been done in the real world. that includes crazy sounds and every type of electronica. that's what Roland's posts attest to. computers do make many things much easier to realize much less expensively. they're a very nice tool. other than that, they aren't important. programs can't make better music, only musicians can do that.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

emotive wrote:People in this forum tend to have a fixed view of what things, i.e. computers, software and equipment do and often try to impose that on others.
And you have a fixed (and incorrect) view of people on this forum. No-one tells anyone what they should or should not do. I know I have personally dissuaded people from getting Scope because I realise it's not what they want. You will get opinions based on experience, of which there is a lot and very diverse. If you wish to dismiss all that experience fine, but any help you are getting is based on that same experience.