Modular patch gui

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

asktoby

Modular patch gui

Post by asktoby »

One thing I wish I had in Modular III is the ability to build a patch and then make a gui for it, just showing the main knobs rather than all the guts inside.

Is there any clever way to do this in Modular III that I haven't thought of?

i.e. imagine you build a crazy full-screen synth, but when you save it you could create a more user-friendly screen that just shows like 6 controls for next time you open it and want to play it.

I've got a half-memory that this is a Modular IV feature, is that right?
fra77x

Re: Modular patch gui

Post by fra77x »

miii.jpg
asktoby

Post by asktoby »

Aha, thanks! I forgot all about the "Show remote" button in Modular III which is almost exactly what I was after!
Seems like it only supports dials, not switches or faders, and is non-configurable in terms of layout.

Any other options that offer switches, faders, and more configurability?

(You might be able to tell that I've been inspired by Faxi Nadu's videos :) )
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

a second modular?
asktoby

Post by asktoby »

OK It seems I need to start reading manuals before posting. Just found out that the knobs can control both switches and faders. Happy days.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

If you have Max For Live, you could try ScopeSync. Roy Thinnes has shown a good example of building a customised skin for a patch he has built using ScopeSync: http://bcmodular.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=186 and the ScopeSync wiki page gives full details on how to go about doing that.

We have a VST version released to our beta testers, but that isn't user-customisable at this stage (although we will be releasing it as open source, if you don't mind getting your hands a bit dirtier!) Get in touch if you'd like to be involved in beta testing.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

P.S. Even without using ScopeSync, if you just want to make cut-down control interfaces for modular, you should definitely look at the rest of the BC Modular package, especially the BCM Modules (wiki descriptions here: BCM Modules). Don't be fooled by the GUIs, these don't require any specific hardware.
Yogimeister

Post by Yogimeister »

Wow ... I really need to connect my BCF and install BCM ;)
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

If you do, here's a good place to start: Idiot's Guide to using BC Modular with a Behringer B-Control Device (Part 3 specifically covers BCF setup)