Tutorials Video/Books

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

yayajohn

Tutorials Video/Books

Post by yayajohn »

I'd pay for professional style video/book tutorials using only Scope devices. Probably other people too.

Some subjects maybe:

Mixing/Mastering (with Scope devices only please)
Side Chaining
Mid/Side Recording
SDK
Modular (The synth school videos were good but could be smoothed out a bit eh?)
BC Modular
Using Silentway with Scope
Optimal use of the dNA bundles

Probably a whole lot more topics too.

Maybe spend a little time with beginner topics but the bulk on intermediate to advanced level.

Dan
dante

Re: Tutorials Video/Books

Post by dante »

Yeah, it should cover all these topics :

http://www.hitfoundry.com/scope/

8)
hubird

Post by hubird »

yayajohn wrote:I'd pay for professional style video/book tutorials using only Scope devices.
Yes, and Nestor lately offered his services already for a start.
But Scope has everything what a real studio has, catching all that would soon fill a few shelves.

Anyway, according to Bob Gatz mastering is actually not difficult:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evJo5_qt6mY
The DNA-1 at 18 sec. is a denoiser/ambience controller and not made by dNa :wink:
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

LOL. yo dante, your work is much appreciated. I visit that site way too often man. I'll tell you what, next time you start a new project turn the video camera on yourself. Add some narration and talk real slow so a dunce like me can keep up.
Let me know how much buddy. :wink:

Dan
dante

Post by dante »

Scoperise touches on all the topics you mentioned, and then some. For sure an intrepid video maker could start from scratch or use Scoperise as a basis for videos.

But to cover as much ground I warn - this could be a full time job just to cover whats already in Scoperise and then some for all the stuff that is not.

However, if there were co-ordinated multiple video makers each working on a specialty it may be do-able.

Bear in mind that ScopeRise content for many devices comes from the authors of those devices themselves, so those content producers would need to be involved as well.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Yes dante. i agree with you. Scoperise has a tremendous amount of information and is a huge resource. Your time and dedication is much appreciated. i'd gladly pitch in to help support your efforts as I have with other resources around here so just set up the paypal my friend.

I have learned a lot since purchasing my first Pulsar1 in 1999 and most of it from all the good folks here at PlanetZ but there are gaps in my knowledge. There are certainly many other educational resources available on equipment/software other than Scope but i would much rather learn on the equipment that I already own and can practice with w/o the need to translate to different hardware/software. There are many people here that are producing professional quality recordings and I would love to be a fly on the wall and watch the process of how they sculpt the sound to a finished product. Real studio experience would be my first choice, a tutor would be my second and since realistically I probably will never have the opportunity for either, a video lesson will have to suffice.
Incidentally, Adern's Synth School videos were not cheap, but they were well worth the money to me.
I completely understand that this would be no small task which is why I suggested it would be for sale.

I didn't intend for this to become a debate. I am simply stating my desire for something better on the "wishlist" section of the forum eh? Some people might be offended by this kindergarten approach, but i have found that it is never a bad thing to go back and review the basics to further a complete mastery of one's knowledge and skills.
If someone cares to produce this then they have at least one customer willing to pay good money.

Dan
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

adv
Last edited by fra77x on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Awesome! Thanks
sharc

Post by sharc »

I'm planning to produce some video tutorials for the BC Modular site and I wonder if anyone would be interested in volunteering their services as narrator - I can't stand the sound of my own voice and I appreciate how distracting an irritating vocal can be in a tutorial video :P
David

Post by David »

I could sure do with the vocal exercise
be glad to
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

do what i do just use the mouse with no talking showing is the best part
dante

Post by dante »

Maybe we can get Kensuguro to do the voice overs - his voice sounds pro - can hear it now with some mega zimmer arrangements coming from the new sample oscs !!!

Would like to hear Pygmy as well

Something like this :

http://youtu.be/hRfuKCE29cQ
sharc

Post by sharc »

Pygmy Audio Farms wrote:I could sure do with the vocal exercise
be glad to
That didn't take long :o

I'll send you a PM with a link to the first tutorial when it's done and we'll give it at shot.

sharc

Post by sharc »

jhulk wrote:do what i do just use the mouse with no talking showing is the best part
I could do this, but I think it probably helps in parts of the learning process if the tutor describes what they're doing and why.

I could add subtitles easily enough and probably will do, but again that's a distraction from what the mouse pointer is doing.

dante wrote:Something like this :

Or more like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sge5sUNJ ... CE&index=4 :lol:
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

i like the naration on the second one its funny and great

problem with that though you would not get any modular done

i think mouse text and the odd vocal explaination would do the trick

i use jing screen capture and it has a mic input you could use a vocoder fx and your voice a la darth vader

do it this way or i crush your throat
dante

Post by dante »

sharc wrote:
dante wrote:Something like this :

Or more like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sge5sUNJ ... CE&index=4 :lol:
Yeah, that sound like Ken !

Seriously, can't wait to see the first tute.