Alcoholic House Music

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shifty

Post by Shifty »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: House<BR> <a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: Pulsar Effects,Pulsar Mixers,Pulsar Synths<BR> copyright © 2002 Mark Kingston<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> About time I posted a tune or two, so check this out - blissful laid-back house featuring some lovely singing from my vocalist Miriam which is even more impressive when you consider she was quite stupendously drunk when we recorded it.

Dub Sub does the bassline, and you'll also be able to hear the strains of a Microbe and the Orbitone 303 noodling away in the background. All mixed on Pulsar with a lot of help from Timeworks indispensable Vintage EQ and finalized using the PsyQ and Timeworks Mastering Comp. Job's a good 'un!
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

I tend to shy away from house (esp. hard house), but this is really nice! - the vocals could be a little less buried in parts, but I like the ambience of it all.
good production.
Kamurah

Post by Kamurah »

Great job!
I agree...bring those "stupendously drunk " vocals forward in t he mix a bit during the busy parts....they sound really good :grin:

Cheers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamurah on 2002-05-19 13:34 ]</font>
hubird

Post by hubird »

Good one, Shifty, and good sound.
I just would give the bassdrum a bit more in the mix, but it's arbitrary.

Let There Be Music!
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

yes, house is arbitrary :razz:
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

At just 128Kbps, your sound is fantastic! I guess you have used some sort of pitch correction on her voice, can’t believe she did it like that being drunk! The balance of the mix is really good and the Panning is subtle and extremely effective. It really is a great job to my ears, despite the fact it’s not my kind of music either. I agree with the rest of the community in saying the voice is a bit far away, cos it’s so nice.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Valium

Post by Valium »

Nice track idd, but like was said before made the vocals a little more in front.

One thing I just asked myself, the 3-4 clear piano notes kinda like sounded to me you got inspired by one of Robert Miles tracks? Is it or just coincidence?

Greetz and keep up the good work