The Train Hijack Attempt

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

The Z Station

Post by The Z Station »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: Sound Track<BR> <a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: Pulsar Mixers<BR> Copyright © 2000 Zonnie Toledo<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> Here's a SHORT diddy I did as my FIRST sound effects and short orchestral piece for an action scene....

I wish I could say that the helo, machine gun, shot gun, and shattering glass were my own samples but the train certainly is! I took my trusty Sony MZ-R37 MiniDISC recorder and a Sony MS-907 digital stereo microphone and headed off to a local beach nearby where there's a high traffic of trains passing by. Thereafter, I dumped my samples to tripleDAT via a Mackie 1402VLZ. Did some processing, using tripleDAT's native DSPs and Pulsar's Effects.

Afterwards, I did a quick and short orchestral piece (choir and strings are off a combination from a Korg M1REX and Roland JV1080 Orchestral expansion card, percussion on the Roland JV1080 as well).

I was just demonstrating tripleDAT's capabilities!

The file is in earlier compressed .wav format (similar to .mp3, pre .wma) using MP3 Compressor 2.0x. Windows Media Player should suffice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Z Station on 2002-05-21 06:16 ]</font>
borg

Post by borg »

a bit short, but i like it. somewhere you have some kind of 'hits' going along with the tempo. the sound seemed like an effect rather than an instrument, so imo, i would have placed it out of rhythm, of make it more like a real percussive instrument. but the strings are great!!! (all this could be due to sound quality... 't was just a quicktime player here).

A-team meets guns of navarrone meets cassandra crossing. i want more (the hellraiser score by christopher young is still one of my favorite 'mood tunes')
bosone

Post by bosone »

Yeah!
this is absolutely the music i have in my composing dream !
great!
a bit too short, but very interesting mood!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I liked the atmosphere there, I think it’s appropriate for a hijack, but it takes a while till you realise this sound it’s a train. I would like it much more in front of the mix.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*