modular rapture (some new modules)

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

sharc

Re: modular rapture (some new modules)

Post by sharc »

roy thinnes wrote:do you mind publishing your new BC-Key and -Menu modules I saw in JAV’s debussy patch?
I've still got a few tweaks to try out on them, but they should hopefully be available before the weekend :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Dear Roy,
I deem you a Knight,Teutonic of course... :wink:
I have studied FM4, DX Basic, Frax77's DX Router and YM2151+ver2 patches and kind of figured out what I would use to build a Yamaha TX816 but w/ Analog style Filters.
Your FM stuff is excellent and as usual well thought out, and combines several modules which saves space.
The MCV C w/ it's 4 x esync's and MIDI CC automation tricks is ingenious.
We are very lucky to have you here. S|C should give you a seriuosly sore dick deal on an XITE-1 for everything you have done.
I can use 8 for a TX816 rack, but each patch using 6 Operators will be a TX1, so I would probably have 3 or 4 like I use to do. I always had 4 TX1's for Bass sounds anyways.

Thank You..........
Meanwhile Back At The Ranch..
JLS

Post by JLS »

Hi Roy

New sequencer modules is great

- is possible make link function (like nord modular seq modules) for 32 48 64 .... step
- and gate input trigger for independent random function ?

Thanks Kamil
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

JLS wrote:Hi Roy

New sequencer modules is great

- is possible make link function (like nord modular seq modules) for 32 48 64 .... step
- and gate input trigger for independent random function ?

Thanks Kamil
Link function would be very nice yes.
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

"link", random gate trigger: good ideas, but unfortunately atm I’m a bit short in time , so any updates will take some time.
btw: Flexor RampDistributor + SeqJoiner could be a solution for 32/48/64 step sequences no?
ps: hey kamil, glad to see you back!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Actually SeqJoiner 32/64 is perfect and takes up little room.
I would really prefer a 4/8 step/note sequencer now that I have learned my way around CwM's Sequencers. I have uses for Flexor's sequencers too, especially the SeqJoiners, Polyrhythmer and the marvellous Interpolated Control Sequencer.
I use 4 x 16 note/steppers w/ SeqJoiner 64 and Polyrhythmer to have an authentic 4 bar section of 10/8 or 12/8, where I am doing Mahavishnu Orchestra compositions.
I am going to try an do an entire piece using Step Sequencers. I have started working on Brubecks Blue Rondo a La Turk and will post it here when I am finshed.
Roy's Seq Modules are ingenius with the 2 x MIDI channel concept.
Having a Phantom Zone activated on my controller means I can change patterns just like my ancient Roland MV30 Phrase sequencer did.
I could hit the triggering note well in advance of the actual time needed as everything was synced by the sequencers.
But on my controller I chose Global MIDI Channel 00 and use an inverted programmable velocity curve. As long as I have 2 zones activated, it works perfectly.
On the Phantom channel I can barely touch the note C2 so that it will not trigger an audio event, due to the inverted Prgm. Velocity Curve, but this setting will trigger a MIDI event as long as both zones are engaged. I can click off the zone or leave it on because as long as I am triggering audio and performing on top of the sequencers, the inverted curve cannot be activated as it is muted when the keys are pressed loud enough for audio events............sweet. The same Global MIDI Channel 00 controls the VRC-S also. So I have the capability of having a totally automated solo rig all in the Scope enviroment.
Roy is a genius....!!
IMG_1986.JPG
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here's a really cool start on a patch designed to automate the Filter and notes of an external monophonic Analog synth.
What's really cool is having the SE-1 Analog Synth with it's glide on 25%, and then use Roy's glide on top of that..So many possibilities.
I could be lazy and just draw a curve or use 1 of the 128 patterns on Flexors' Interpolated Control Sequencer, but I need to learn the basics first, then become lazy...Ankyu.

FWIW, I have routed the Analog synths outs to the ins of the sequencer for viewing the signal on the VU Meter II.
I also have one in the upper left corner of the routing window I can't get rid of..... :lol:
It was a freak accident, I had SubModevz loaded in the upper left corner of my routing window, and an erratic mouse drag took a Module from the Modular shell and placed it there. I cannot reproduce this, but it is a handy little meter in or out of the shell... :D
untitled.JPG
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

hi!
some updates and a new modules:
the seq modules now have better resp. perfect timing. disadvantage: preset lists are partially not compatible.
download:
http://www.cwmodular.org/ModSingleDL/gateSeqCwm.mdl
http://www.cwmodular.org/ModSingleDL/contrSeqCwm.mdl
http://www.cwmodular.org/ModSingleDL/no ... ideCwm.mdl
better/perfect timing also for the syncStation and rampCwm modules:
http://www.cwmodular.org/ModSingleDL/SyncStationMkV.mdl
http://www.cwmodular.org/ModSingleDL/RampCwm.mdl
the new module
is similar to the BassSynthi device, which can be found here.
download:
http://www.cwmodular.org/ModSingleDL/BassSynModul.mdl

...and some new matrices:
valSw834 is a mixture of switch and value matrix. the downside of the flexibility of a 8x8 matrix is that you soon get confused by all these controls, and on the other hand, maybe just some inputs are needed per output. so I made this module, which has the advantage of 8 inputs, of which 3 can be selected per output. and these inputs can be named, so you can stay on top of things.
valMat8x4R and valMat8x4RF are matrices w/ 8 ins and 4 outs. special feature here is that you can get random values (if wanted) for all outs independently, either by pressing the resp. button or by triggering the resp. gate input.
all matrices have in common that they have two input rows - one on top and one on the bottom. if more than 8 outputs are needed, you can place an additional module beneath and connect its inputs with the "alternative" inputs of his colleague over him, thus making the patch design easier to follow.
download:
http://www.cwmodular.org/ModSingleDL/Va ... cesCwm.zip

have fun & peace!
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

wow, awesome!

Thanks Roy...

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
dawman

Post by dawman »

This is the main reason why we scour the pages here everyweek in hopes the Gods return..
Ankyu
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

THANKS A LOT :)
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Will this become the longest most viewed thread in the history of Planetz!? :) Thanks roy 8)
David

Post by David »

It's such a joy to receive such excellent devices and modules
a big thanks to you Roy
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

That's really cool to flag this topic. Always some good surprises.

Thanks Roy
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

Roy, does the complete download have all the latest modules up to now ?
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

yes, it's up-to-date *now* :)
some minor new modules:
constVal+Freq (with preset list, mainly for developers)
EQ4 PSw - polyphon 4x12dB EQs w/ dezip and (optional) snap auto-switching
FilterBankCwm - monophone filterbank w/ 24dB lp, hp, and 4 bp filters (modulatable cf, pres. list)
12dB and 24dB gain with indices for attenuation/amplification
Delay8000M - polyphone delay, tape-delay-like, delaytime up to 166ms
x^2to10 - math module
btw: modules dl'ed from the cwmodular site sometimes have names different to the originals, eg "ADSRLevelControlEg.mdl" instead of "ADSR LevelControlEg.mdl", because the internet protocol or html or whatever don't allow blanks in download links. :roll: if you accidentally dl'ed the same module twice, just delete the older version & keep the newer one.
oh, and: MVC C now is named MVC Cwm (because SC used that very same name for it's new ModIV MVC)
download link, as always: http://www.cwmodular.org/files/CwmModules.zip
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Thanks again Roy,

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

Thanks Roy......BTW I thought you would change it to MVC D :lol:
David

Post by David »

Many thanks Roy, an awesome addition to modular
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

hi, recently I (re)discovered some old dsp modules by Wolfgang Steckenleiter.
here's what I got:
a rather straightforward adaptation of one of his dsp modules. fade/modulate between saw and pulse waveforms.
download: http://www.cwmodular.org/ModSingleDL/SawPwStecki.zip

two-osc combination, one w/ a Stecki dspModule, the other is an ordinary multiOsc.
shapeMod input for unipolar values.
download: http://www.cwmodular.org/ModSingleDL/DuoOscCwm.zip
both downloads include dsp files that have to be copied to your Scope/App/Dsp folder.

last not least I want to add a (quite late) "thanks Wolfgang" for all his contributions! :)