Optimaster for sale! Auction, place your bids now...

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

orbita

Post by orbita »

I have just ordered one of the special bundles Creamware and am selling the Optimaster as I already own it.

Creamware assure me that it comes as a software license number that can be registered to any board so there will not be any convoluted re-registration to bother with.

If you are interested in purchasing this device from me, please private message me a bid.

It will be sold to the highest bid I've received by Friday 7th of June.

Bidding starts at £50. Please make all bids in GPB. Please include your name and a contactable email address with your bid.

The first person to bid £120 gets it at that price.

You may retract any bid you have made up until Thursday 6th.

Payment will be acceptable either as Personal Cheque, Postal Order or Direct Wire Transfer.

You may also pay using a creditcard via Paypal but you will also be required to pay any fees for me to collect the payment and have it converted to GBP. This will be approx 3-6%.

Thanks, Tom
To be or not to be. What was the question?
castol

Post by castol »

/crapper

bids? no...i don't dig that.
orbita

Post by orbita »

Fine, dont bid - there is no good reason to put other people off by thread crapping. At least give a good reason if you have a one.

I put it up like this because I don't really Know what it is worth second hand and I'd like to get a decent price for it to help make up the loss I've had since I had my motorcycle stolen.

If I stuck it up for £120 and no one bid, then I would just have to keep lowering it..

I and many others buy and sell stuff on ebay all the time what is the harm in this?
castol

Post by castol »

no there isn't...but this is an open forum and i acknowledged what i was doing.

*maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to make this a post only forum...no comments?

i could have been more pleasant and provided some substance...which i will now do.

what i was getting at is that, if i want to bid on something i will go to ebay, if i want to buy something i buy from people selling them privately. i have experienced people who do this "bidding/selling" thing on usenet and other places and i just don't agree with it.

if you want a fare price, i suggest researching what that may be. 75% - %50 from original price is a good guess ime, and then put - or best offer.

just my opinion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: castol on 2002-05-29 06:51 ]</font>
orbita

Post by orbita »

I'm not sure that acknowledging the fact that you crapped this thread makes it any more ok to do it.

Yes, this is a free forum and you are welcome to your opinion, but who benefits from the posting you made?

I really hope you didn't intend to put people off purchasing and if that was the case then im extremely disappointed. I frequent this forum allot and find it extremly welcoming. I often post replies to peoples problems on the problem solving and tech pages and avoid posting on stuff that doesnt concern me. The last time I saw a post like yours was from dxl.

It would be a different matter if you had bought something from me and had a bad experience and wanted to relay that experience.
*maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to make this a post only forum...no comments?
I think common sense should prevail. If it doesn't really concern you and the thread is not in the nature of a discussion then it is polite not to post to the detriment of others.

thanks, tom

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: orbita on 2002-05-29 07:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: orbita on 2002-05-29 07:08 ]</font>
castol

Post by castol »

umm, no.

i didn't intend to disuade people from buying your optimaster.

i don't see as if it would anyhow. its not like i black mailed you or anything. i just disagreed with how you were going about selling your device. which i should have done privately...now i see. i made a mistake, will take note of that in the future.

my apologies.
orbita

Post by orbita »

apology accepted, thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: orbita on 2002-05-29 07:20 ]</font>