Lemur on the noah

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

ehasting

Lemur on the noah

Post by ehasting »

Hello i found this template for the ipad lemur

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/232/

Its for the pro12 asb, so my questiom is it big diffrent in cc mapping between the noah and the asb? It would be nice to be able to controll the noah from the ipad!
Higen
http://www.scopeportal.com - Community Sonic Core SCOPE Plugins and Devices
http://www.higen.org
HUROLURA

Re: Lemur on the noah

Post by HUROLURA »

No, the good thing is their CC mapping is quite similar with really few exceptions.
I sometimes use the ASB as remote editors for NOAH synths.
But this is only possible for Minimax, Pro12, Prodyssey and B4000.
I still have to wait for 6-Strings, ProOne, LightWave. :D
EDS8i has no CC mapping and the beta Vectron only has partial MIDI mapping... :roll:

I thought I would build some dedicated Midibox for that purpose but no time yet to achieve this...
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Has anyone ever made MIDI maps for the SCOPE devices that match the ASB boxes? Continuity between the two would be nice, and having templates for Lemur for each device in SCOPE would be nicer. Creating templates for Lemur's Mu setup (that talk via MIDI to scope, not to Live) would be a good group project.

(or templates that can be dropped into any Lemur project).
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I started building such a device with Scope SDK 4 a few years ago but cannot remember up to where I got.
I did so for MINIMAX and PRODYSSEY but I would have to dive in my old Scope 4 system to find the file and resetup my MIDI system to allow some more testing.

From what I remember there was differences for a few parameter between Prodyssey ASB and Scope Prodyssey especially with the VCA gain fader.

If any of you have ASB and Scope version, I could try to find them back and let you test them (should not take so much time). Only issue I have to test the Prodyssey is I do not have any Scope PCI license anymore as it was transferred to my Xite-1 (I am quite happy with that).

Just tell me if any of you wish to test these two CC mapped devices.
In case these are OK I could also do the Pro12 with some time ...

Ipad is there but no LEMUR app ...
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Yes I know, :D but I didn't buy it so far ...

I kind of prefer real knob rather than virtual ones.
astroman

Post by astroman »

for me it's the other way around... :D
there's some cool stuff that real knobs never can do, but virtual ones with ease ;)
it's the most amazing surface that ever crossed my way
you can handwrite with less effort than pen and paper would require...
(and in my case it even looks better than the real thing) :oops:
did you peek at TC11 and it's controller list ? holy crap :o

cheers, Tom
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I think TC11 and other stuff making smart use of the iPad combo tactil and graphic features is probably the most interesting, especially for live use...

Bringing new ways to sculpt sounds or sequences.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

I've just bought a second hand Lemur: oh, boys... what a fantastic thing!
I ever prefer a gear that makes one single thing but very well.
I've tried also the iPad version but I think that wireless and a lot of "osc to wifi to osc to midi" tricks are annoying and a true deterrent again music making.
First, I was thinking too that the physicality was a problem, but I must say that the surface of the Lemur is very nice and "realistic."

Now I can control, as example, a complete Modular Patch (3OSC syshesizer from MODII) without monitoring with mouse or PC. Every single slide, knob, button! :o
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
astroman

Post by astroman »

erminardi wrote:... I've tried also the iPad version but I think that wireless and a lot of "osc to wifi to osc to midi" tricks are annoying and a true deterrent again music making....
first I thought: ... what the hell is he talking about ??? never noticed...
but then I remembered: my iPad sits in an ioDock and has a physical midi connector plus an USB driven one :D
wireless can be annoying, never tried to dig deeper into that in a regular WLan, it sucked
it's probably the encryption/decryption stuff
so for wireless a dedicated network with no internet connection an no security whatsoever applies

cheers, Tom

ps: congrats on the 'real' version 8)
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

ha ha, yep I never tried an iDock, nice tip, thanks Astro, I will test it :)

btw I prefer to use the iPad when I'm in bathroom to read my beloved PDF magazine... :roll:
...and to use Lemur to flush the toilet wiht a high style.
astroman

Post by astroman »

the ioDock is a cool device, even though it doesn't support sysex
after all that's a minor flaw as you wouldn't want to block the device just for driving an old synth
that can be done by the iRig Midi Plug just as well (no time to dig into sysex here tho...)
but sound output is excellent, input is not exactly high end, but very usable.
nice to just plugin a guitar and jam within 5 seconds (JamUp can keep up with the regular PC stuff easily)
Scuffham and Aderns Mojo (in particular) are ahead in quality, but not night and day
the wedge form factor makes the pad much easier to handle

cheers, Tom