STM 4896 in XTC-Mode WORKS!

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

WAUXAR

Re: STM 4896 in XTC-Mode WORKS!

Post by WAUXAR »

WAUXAR wrote:Hello...
Since yesterday I'm trying to get the stm mixers to work in XTC-mode. I connected it just the way like Voidar's example.
It seems to work, but one thing I don't understand; when adding synths in my DAW (Ableton 8 ), I hear them all playing, but the sound of all synths only goes thru mixer input 1 and 2 (stereo).
What is it I do wrong ?
Hehe, I already found out...
In ableton all my tracks were routed to the master out...
Of course I have to route to the external outs...
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

stm mixer in xtc mode?

since you route the asio ins and outs.... the same can be done in scope mode.

is there a big advantage i should know.... actualy i thought that xtc is practical because you use only one mixer.. the one in the sequenser. now??? you have the xtc troubles and also you hav 2 mixers again. :roll: :roll:
dorteb

Post by dorteb »

Only one example:

Imagine you can give your two singers, though in XTC Mode, a different reverb amount or eq settings with no latency, and change record revels.

You coudn't do that in the normal XTC-Mode

Cheers Dorte
strengdal

Post by strengdal »

STM 2448 Works in xtc with cubase!
STM 2448 Works also in scope 4.5 but som smal error when i start synth in direct mode. error example: Cannot make connection: pads miniscope,out and add 64left in02 are incompatible and no appropriate converter is available. The plugin I louded in cubase is also as output in the STM 2448mixer, but it got some latency, maby 6 milisec. Is it any genius here on Planetz, that could make a xtc project that works perfect? Another thing that is cool with the mixer in xtc is that the old scope synths with no direct mode,also work with around 6 milisec.
Peace from happy scope lover :)
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

This may be my answer to getting the Scope plug-ins working in Maschine stand-alone mode. The only issue I have is that when I load a Synth device into the Scope mixer, I don't get my MIDI routed to the device. I see the MIDI light blinking in the mixer, but not in the device. Is it possible to route my MIDI to the insert device in the STM-2448 mixer in XTC mode?

Thanks,
chisel316
fraz

Post by fraz »

Thanks - I've tried a this out with the Dynamic Mixer and it worked! - Not exactly as I thought it would though-

There were one or two synths on channels of the dynamixer in XTC project - but they didn't play down the mixer channels that I put them down but did play back on ASIO source....... Sort of know where I stand now with this XTC mode in terms of trouble shooting--------so just gotta figure out ways to get the best out of it........