Cubae 5 crashes on loading VST's Scope 5.1 in XTC

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

the19thbear

Re: Cubae 5 crashes on loading VST's Scope 5.1 in XTC

Post by the19thbear »

Thanks alot:) glad to help out!
The preset warning is of no concern.
Just open up the xtcproject.pro and Overwrite the preset file for the mixer - basically just save the new preset file. That solves it.

I don't know if you know this, but you can have realtime acces to the mixers as well.
It can be hard to get it to work sometimes but basically you make sure that your mixer is located as a vst plugin dll file in your cubase vst directory and then open up xtcproject.pro and leave the mixer window open while you save the project.
That way the mixer (or whatever device) will pop up as soon as xtc mode is loaded.

I stopped using xtc mode myself since it can be buggy, but it has great potential:)

Happy new year!
mindscan

Post by mindscan »

No, thank YOU, really :-)

I learned alot the last couple of days, especially getting the XTC mode to work properly. Wouldn't have done it without the help of you guys and believe me I googled alot on the subject before posting to this forum. But everybody has their own way of working, which is also the beauty of Scope :-)

Anyway, I will give the XTC mode a shot, see how stable it runs and if my basic Scope card can handle the Scope VST's. But for me at this point I am happy so I'm not gonna test anymore further, in the end I would forget about the most important thing here, making and recording music and I am glad I can get back to that :-)

I tested M-audio and Focusrite last couple of weeks,since I had some driver issues first with Scope but in the end I went back to Scope upgraded to 5.1, because in this price/quality category for me it simply outperforms the competition (M-audio and Focusrite have to get their midi shi.. together, hanging notes!) 5.1 drivers also runs stable now on XP 32bit AND win7 64 bit (dual boot system), but I think I will still stay with XP for a while..

Cheers and also make it happy 2012 :-)
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)

this is what's really nice about the culture of PlanetZ. the19thbear is a user and he's just here helping other users....
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

Cool !

It's a pity that that doesn't work in cubase 64 bits ...

:cry:
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
mindscan

Post by mindscan »

I'm not sure about Cubase 64 bit.

But I also have a session in Windows 7 64 bit, but where Cubase is run in 32 bit. It should work there.
But if it can make you feel better, XTC is nice but the Scope VSTi's are not "that" special (the synths are pretty thin in sound, tested them all yesterday), maybe the VST effect session is better, have to check them out yet,but Cubase itself has some good ones and I still prefer outboard gear as well. I will testrun XTC but good chance I go back to normal Scope also because Bear said it can be buggy.. Nevertheless I'm glad they could help me out here :-)

Anyway I stay with XP 32 bit, I think like they already said here, 64 bit support is not everywhere that good yet.
For example, I also use a powercore Compact, that's a hardware effect connected via Firewire and with VST integration.
In Cubase under Win 7 64 bit, some effects just crash (Asio 100% spikes for no reason) , the same effects in XP 32 bit run perfect (ASIO 3-5%). Thing is, in WIN 7 I had no choice but install a Powercore 64 bit driver and I realise they are just not that stable yet as the 32 bit driver..

No problem with the 64 bit Scope driver though :-)

So, just an example why I personally prefer to stay yet a bit longer on a good old 32 bit platform..

Grz
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

staying 32 bit here as well... i will never hit the 4gb limit anyway... im planning on staying 32 bit till my system falls apart..
And i slowly started using non scope plugins as well.. there are some amazing things happening, both in mix/fx world and in synth world, outside scope.

Lately i have been VERY impressed by the free UHE synth "Tyrell". and "variety of sound" fx plugins - they are simply the best suite of plugins i have ever used, and they are free!!!

I mainly use scope for latency free monitoring, the flexible routing, and modular3.
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

Yes but I run with scope normal mode without problem in windows 64 and cubase 64, it's good !

A good compromise could be to compose in 64 cubase with big RAM sound banks capacities and export a cubase project to mixing in cubase 32 XTC mode ... I don't have tested.

But it's easier to keep the normal mode and use all the good devices scope full capacities in a total 64bits environment ! it works well and I'll stay like that. Waiting for maybe a little release with a 64 XTC mode ... we can dream about.
i will never hit the 4gb limit anyway
If you use EastWest EWQLSO for example the 4 Go limit could easily be broken ...
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

oh, i can easily see that alot of people would need more than 4gb for big sample libraries.. just not me :)
mindscan

Post by mindscan »

For me it was also the reason considering 64 bit to pass the 4GB limit (actually sg like 3.2-3.5GB usable). But since I was installing a new pc from scratch I stayed at the safe side and installed a dual boot system XP 32/WIN 7 64.

The thing is that if you indeed don't use big sample libraries the 4GB is still a very comfortable limit. Furhermore I also use softsynths of which I'm not even sure if they would work in full Cubase 64 bit even they are legal versions they don't alwyas show the 32 or 64 bit option during installation, latest VSTi's actually do give you that choice. That's why Win 7 64bit but Cuabse 32 bit is a kind of a trade-off for me. But due to the fact that other hardware audio stuff stil has issues with their win 7 64 bit drivers I decided to go back to the good old XP. nevertheless a dual boot system keeps all options open for the future. today I'm even thinking how crazy I was to actually already install 16GB RAM but one never knows :-)

Personally I think we are in a full transition period. Good for people who start from scratch or new in the game, but for those like me who sometimes still use like 5 year old plugins it's seems beter to stay on 32bit..
I don't expect a 64 bit XTC mode to be honnest. The VSTi's that are today in XTC are still the same like 5 (or longer) years ago and are simply outdated so no new development in my opinion on that side and you are not missing that much soundwise..

Bear: I had a period where I got lost in downloading hundreds of VSTi's (not all so legal I have to admit) :oops: . Now on the new pc I decided to stay with legal stuff and at the same time limiting myself in VSTi's. I kinda lost track of getting to the essence: making music, there is simply too much out there :o . Personally I even got back to buying hardware synths again. Stuff I do like and sometimes to be found for bargains or on Ebay: Analogue Factory, Omnisphere, Nexus (rompler but has great sounds). The stuff from u-he is also ok, check that Zebra once :-)

Best regards to you all :-)
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

Cubase offers a bridge for the 32 bits VSTs , if it doesn't work jbridge could generally. So all of my plug-ins work fine in cubase 64 even waves plugs, SSL etc ... (all legals versions) and I definitively work in cubase 64.

I don't have anymore a 32bits boot in my DAW.
mindscan

Post by mindscan »

Good to hear all those plugins work !Nice, I will keep it in mind about that bridging. It's true you can do that. Well we can't stop the future anyway, one day we will look back at 32 bit like we look now back at 8 or 16 bit... :-)

Cheers