OSX controller for Minimax ASB - does it work?

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

Clamhead

Post by Clamhead »

I recently downloaded the OSX controller for the Minimax ASB off Creamware's website. No matter how I configure my Mac I cannot get the controller software and the ASB box to communicate properly.The software eventually recognises the Minimax's code but it will not upload or download patch names etc, or download the OS update, despite my being able to tweak buttons and knobs in the software that affect a preset's sound. Has anyone out there got the OSX controller software to work as easily as the PC version.
hubird

Post by hubird »

you must use Tiger...
Clamhead

Post by Clamhead »

Hi there, thanks for replying. I am actually using Tiger (10.4). It still doesn't work though, either via USB or midi. I've tried switching channels, having it on omni etc. The computer is sending out messages to the box ok as I've tested it in AMS set-up but I'm getting no joy when I try to communicate via the Minimax software, although, as I say, the knobs and buttons all effect the sound of individual presets. I just can't upload/download banks or get any information on preset names or download OS updates to the ASB.
astroman

Post by astroman »

do you use the latest update of Tiger 10.4.3 or a previous version ?
It's now much more version dependant than with ealier Apple systems

cheers, tom
Clamhead

Post by Clamhead »

I'm using 10.4.3, which I think is the latest version.
Clamhead

Post by Clamhead »

I've done a bit more research and basically the OSX version of the remote software for the Minimas ASB is a beta version and isn't fully functional. It would have been nice if Creamware had made this clear. I have no idea when the fully functional remote software for OSX will be ready. The PC version works fine however.
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

They have a splashy link to the OSX software on the new ASB site (asb.creamware.com). Is that also a beta?
Clamhead

Post by Clamhead »

yes, it is exactly the same beta version - just with a splashy link. I think the developers (actually in India) have sent through a beta version and Creamware have posted on their site without really testing it...
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

India!?
Clamhead

Post by Clamhead »

Yes India. Apparently the Minimax ASB remote software for OSX is being developed in India. That's the global economy I guess...
Clamhead

Post by Clamhead »

Creamware have just posted a new version of the OSX remote software on their FTP site. This is version 3. Unfortunately, it does not even open in OSX Tiger 10.4.4 let alone work properly... Come on Creamware! Get it right!
gregae

Post by gregae »

Quite right. I have the same problem with the latest Minimax OSX software in Tiger 10.4.3, and seemingly no recourse.

Does Creamware monitor these boards?

- Greg
Clamhead

Post by Clamhead »

Just downloaded the latest Minimax ASB software for Mac OSX from the Creamware FTP site. It opens! It works! Thank you Creamware; you got there in the end.
hubird

Post by hubird »

that's nice :smile:
Onyx

Re: OSX controller for Minimax ASB - does it work?

Post by Onyx »

So is it same to assume that there is no way to get this to work on OSX 10.5?

It crashes everytime I try to run it (error trying to write temp file....)

That really sucks. :evil: