Korg Nanokeys and nano controllers pads etc USB not MIDI

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

geoffd99

Korg Nanokeys and nano controllers pads etc USB not MIDI

Post by geoffd99 »

Hi all
has anyone used a USB - midi device? I use Sonar and that has separate links for audio (Scope) and midi (could be usb keyboard...). Does it work? I also use Live.

There might be some fiendish Scope technical disaster :o if I buy it and try it, so has anyone any advice before I splash the cash?

I am in Penang now and the range of devices is limited but the Korgs and M-Audios are around. I don't want a big midi keyboard or I'd buy a synth (and maybe not use Scope synths).
Geoff x
Jah Servant

Re: Korg Nanokeys and nano controllers pads etc USB not MIDI

Post by Jah Servant »

I've used m-audio usb mide hubs and they have worked fine for me. It shouldn't affect scope, you just have to route your midi through sonar into scope so there will be some latency.
the nicer thing is to go normal midi connection to scope and then into sonar, you can route your midi to your device in scope and right through to sonar and even use a midi merger in front of your scope devices for instant playback from sonar, it's much smoother and nicer to work with.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

http://www.musiclab.com/downloads/free/index.htm#124

Hi Geoff, Musiclab Midi Connection Center is a free app that route everithing from midi to midi.
I use it since years :)
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

nice workaround with this software, definitely the way to go if you are going usb, you can still go into scope first
geoffd99

Post by geoffd99 »

Many thanks for the tips. I have several keyboards in the UK but not here. The Nanokeys is small and laptop friendly too so I might get one.

Weirdly prices here in Malaysia are higher than Europe by 20% - yet all the stuff is made in China!

Supply and demand.

You can get cheap guitars though - about 500-650 ringgit = 100 pounds plus - will probably get a nice looking one (that's how I judge!) for fun.

Gx
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Geoff, look also for the nanokey direct competitor model from AKAI, I prefer this little keyboard than korg one.
The nanokey is crap and more pc keyoboard switch feeling.
The AKAI LPK25 is more like a scaled down musical keyboard: http://www.akaipro.com/lpk25
the price are the same.

cheers.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

i have a korg nano pad thing, i stopped using it because there is a whine from the power supply (and i got NI maschine so i dont need it) :)
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

geoffd99 wrote:Hi all
has anyone used a USB - midi device? I use Sonar and that has separate links for audio (Scope) and midi (could be usb keyboard...). Does it work? I also use Live.

There might be some fiendish Scope technical disaster :o if I buy it and try it, so has anyone any advice before I splash the cash?

I am in Penang now and the range of devices is limited but the Korgs and M-Audios are around. I don't want a big midi keyboard or I'd buy a synth (and maybe not use Scope synths).
Geoff x
I think the akai nano is better for the pads. the akai has led indicator for on/off status. Korg nanopad has not.