Please...Help me !!!...MOTHERBOARD,CPU ???

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

maxmaxmax

Please...Help me !!!...MOTHERBOARD,CPU ???

Post by maxmaxmax »

Hi **Friends**
My name is MAX , I'm a new member of the forum...and...I 'm Italian, so,don't speak good English !!...Sorry !!
Few days back,my components (motherboards,cpu,ram) are dead :( , today , I would like to buy a new system.
If any of you have tested a to these motherboard : [Asus P6,T,Deluxe,etc...with Intel X58] (also cpu & ram)...I hope it will give me a help in choosing .

My Audio Cards :*01 Pulsar 2 *01 SRB 14
My Music Software : *Cubase 3*Acid 7
S.O. : Win Xp (Sp3) ---I want to change this,with the new "win 7"....(opinion from all you?)---

Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx to ALL...for the Helpppppppppp !!!
Sounddesigner

Re: Please...Help me !!!...MOTHERBOARD,CPU ???

Post by Sounddesigner »

The only x58 board i know that works so far is the Asus Rampage II Extreme. Most x58 boards have not been tested yet. Many of us had nightmares with the Gigabytes ud4p/5. I took the recommendation of another forum member and bought the Asus Rampage Extreme and it appears to be VERY good and fully compatible with XITE-1. I have not tested it with the old SCOPE PCI Cards yet. My gigabyte worked well with scope pci but not with XITE-1, i'm hoping Asus works well with both but if not i'm happy it atleast works with XITE-1. My specs are below, check out this thread - http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27891

Processor: Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem.
Motherboard: Asus Rampage II Extreme, intel x58 chipset
RAM: 3x 1 GB Corsair DDR3 1600mhz triple channel memory.
O/S: Windows XP, service pack 3.
dsp-card: XITE-1
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 9500.
Power Supply: Corsair CMPSU 650TX. 650 watts.
DAW: Sonar 8.31

My Xite-1 is in the pcie x1 slot at the top of my mobo and the graphics card x16 slot at bottom. My XITE-1 has IRQ 16 and my graphics card seems to be on a 32 IRQ. Everything works fine and i am able to enjoy XITE-1 alot more now.
maxmaxmax

Post by maxmaxmax »

Hi *S.Design.*
Thx for ur attention !!
I looked this motherboard ["P6T Deluxe V2"],seems to be the best for my system (even if ,with arriving of the USB 3.0,this,don't have the predisposition!)
....I ask help, to all people who have tested these new Cpu and Motherboards.. or, write your configuration !!!!
My problem is 2 PCI cards !!
I think, this should be in conflict with the "IRQ",of the other integrated components of the type,Video card,Usb, etc. ..
***All "IRQ" real of the system are 16 and don't 32
***Installation of windows in mode "ACPI" ,creates, "IRQ" virtuals, but, in reality do not exist, type: 17,18,19,20, etc ...
*** The only, way to see "IRQ" reals, is to install in Windows mode "PC STANDARD" (this gives "IRQ" reals, to all devices)
.........I have always installed as, my operating system without ever having problems ... Today, I do not know other ways !!... perhaps changed the way to install windows on new motherboards and processors........So, I am wrong ???!!!!

Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx !!
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

You will probably be the first to test it. I have not read of anyone using asus p6t delux with older scope pci cards. The Gigabytes x58 do work with older PCI cards but would prevent you from ever getting a XITE-1 to use with it. If someone else has used that Asus p6t with pci scope then hopefully they'll post in this thread their opinions to help you more. Good Luck!
garyb

Post by garyb »

you may have to disable some onboard devices to free an irq. it's probably not a big deal. the thing is, you are the guinea pig. when you get it all together, see what the irqs are and go from there. no, i wouldn't install a current motherboard in standard pc, although if it worked....
maxmaxmax

Post by maxmaxmax »

thanks to all friends !! :)
I hope to find a solution to my problem :( :( .... with your help!!! :roll: :roll:
maxmaxmax

Post by maxmaxmax »

:( :( :( :(
David

Post by David »

Do contact SonicCore directly for a specification on machine architecture as they will confirm to you which motherboad/chip combinations work.
Their email address is found on the SonicCore website

There has also been discussions on this topic in the Xite section of this site

Good luck
Approximate reading time: 1 minute
maxmaxmax

Post by maxmaxmax »

2 weeks back,I have contacted "SONICCORE", but have not responded to me !!!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
dawman

Post by dawman »

Put the word XITE-1 in the letter head............... :wink:
I am sure they have hundreds of emails and little time to read them all, but that particular word will get their attention.

Arrivederci,
maxmaxmax

Post by maxmaxmax »

I have sent !!...I hope good :roll: :roll:

Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx Thx
:wink:
garyb

Post by garyb »

what are you asking them, whether the motherboard will work? i doubt if they CAN answer that. there isn't time, manpower or money to try every combination.
maxmaxmax

Post by maxmaxmax »

*Only ask :

**Exist 1 person on the forum, who, owns this motherboard, and uses with "S.C. : PCI or XITE-1"?

The motherboard [P6T] is a standard nowadays .... nothing strange !!

No one can have certainty of the proper functioning of the sound card on the motherboard, but, surely the company must issue a CURRENT : "Motherboard Tested or Chipset Tested"

**Which motherboard of NEW GENERATION, advise the "Sonic Core"?
--------------------------------------------

Thx To All !!!
garyb

Post by garyb »

:lol:

there isn't a huge r&d department. S/C is not yamaha or even digidesign. i doubt there are twenty people at S/C, but they make THE BEST and most unique interface/hardware in the world, so we don't mind that they are limited and take a little longer than some to complete a task, such as the official v5 release(when you have teams of 20 things go much faster).

your request seems natural and is harmless enough, but unfortunately, as i said, there isn't money or manpower to check every combination. WE here on planetz do most of the testing. there are many chipsets that are CONFIRMED. ask on planetz and you shall receive. if you insist on the latest chipset, YOU will have to test it(it's part of being an engineer instead of just a consumer). in the name of planetz, i humbly request that you let us know how that screamer works when you complete it and install Scope. :)
maxmaxmax

Post by maxmaxmax »

dtb

Post by dtb »

I am also interessted in buying this mobo for a bandmate ...
maxmaxmax, could you please share your experiences with that mobo?
regards
tom