How much does it cost an SRB and how many different sorts ar

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I would like to know how much does it cost an SRB and if we still can find 4 DSPs SRBs.

I think that the 6 DSP one and the SCOPE SRB with 15 DSP are easy to find, but the old 4 DSPs isn't.

Please, what do you know and how much are they? Thanks.
remixme

Post by remixme »

I am also interested in prices, shouldn't a pulsar II srb cost less than a pulsar xtc becuase you don't get any software with the srb?
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

XTC software doesn't cost anything :grin:

I would think around $400 or less for a Pulsar1SRB(4DSP card) would be fair.
remixme

Post by remixme »

Sorry to be a pain, but what do you recon a 2nd hand pulsar II srb should get nowadays?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: remixme on 2002-04-27 13:58 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Around the $600-650 mark for a second had pulsar2xtc/srb. If you can actually find one...
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Hi Subhuman,

I'm intrigued by your point about XTC software. I phoned Creamware support a few weeks back soon after purchasing a Pulsar II SRB (secondhand) and was told that no software was included with it.

Cheers,
Will
remixme

Post by remixme »

Hi Will,
Nice to see theres a UK crew!
This place is at risk of being overrun by Aussies :smile: (no offence guys!)
If you don't my asking how many pounds did you shell out for your srb?
Add life to your days, not days to your life.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Only just got around to putting some stuff in my profile, so now I'm openly stiff upper lipped etc.!

I have to admit that I got a bit of a bargain with my SRB, which I'm using with a Luna II. I bought it from ttoz, who has recently advertised a load of devices in the Pulsar Purchasing section. It cost me 400 USD (about £300). As I said in my last post though, the SRB doesn't have software, so if you need it, try to get an XTC. Having said that, if you already have a Pulsar, there's not much point in that!

Check the readers ads at http://www.sospubs.co.uk, as they seem to have a fair amount of Creamware stuff and it will save you the large VAT costs of importing (I paid £70). Also ebay can be good, but I've hardly ever seen any stuff on the UK site, only the US one. Also ebay isn't always as cheap as you'd think.

Good luck with the hunt. I very much recommend extending your DSP potential. I'm definitely a more satisfied Creamware user now! It meant I could sell on my DSP Factory card, which was not really integrating very well with my Creamware stuff.

Cheers,
Will