Reloopah patch

Patch files for the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

roy thinnes

Reloopah patch

Post by roy thinnes »

example patch with the Reloopah module, fed by a wave sample module (audio in2).
(but best use of Reloopah is together with Ableton Live)
in1 of the patch is for the ramp, which has to be sent by the host sequencer.
download patch
download rampGen1.dsp (required)
netguyjoel

Re: Reloopah patch

Post by netguyjoel »

Perfect...This is EXACTLY what I needed! I was a little confused by the "ramp in"...now it all makes perfect sense....I'll PM you on the orgy schedule.... :lol: :lol: Many thanks and much love from the Brew City!
Joel
helldriver

Post by helldriver »

hey this device looks like the thing i have ever searched for.
but i´m trying and trying i don´t get it to work like the audiosamples predict.
so do have a little tutorium for those devices?
i could use one for reloopah and relooopahex

thx very much
stevie
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

hm, did you connect a ramp signal to audio1 of modular?
if not, or if you don't know how to, see here: http://www.cwmodular.org/html/seq.html (bottom)
did you play a midi note? a note has to played as long as the loop is playing.
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

iching to get back into the studio to try these devs!! OT but has anyone upgraded to live 8? Tried the demo and cant stand the new timestretch method it's horrible for long loops or whole tracks. Live does handle ramp stretching a lot better than cubase it seems...but that could be because I havn't played around enough with the different options in cubase. Anyway I have a track in it's final stages that could do with a bit relooping to spice it up bring it on :evil:
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

sorry for the late reply. good topic irrevelance!
I just made some tests, and made screenshots which actually show differences between CubaseSx and Live8. it's an unfair comparison though, as time stretching is/always was the core feature of Live.
It's a Ramp1Bar120bpm.wav stretched to 175bpm in Cubase (green) and Live8 (red).
CubaseSX is losing expectedly. but it has the possibility to time stretch offline, though in limits of 40bpm up/down, so you can only timestretch 120 to 80 resp. 160 bpm in one go. offline it's curve is absolutely linear/perfect.
Live has different Warp options: Beats, TonesMode, TextureMode, Re-PitchMode, ComplexMode. Beat Mode set to 32Beats, TransientLoopMode Off, TransientEnvelope set to 100 gave me the best results.
Last edited by roy thinnes on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

if you do not have tempo changes you could trigger a ramp inside modular right ? use a short audio sample every 16/32/.. beats or bars to trigger the ramp.....
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

of course you're right, the basic procedure is: MVCgate->FlexorRamp->seq module.
the advantage is that you always get a perfect ramp signal, at any desired tempo.
the benefits of using an audio Ramp, however, are:
no settings required for Ramp tempo
no mvc and ramp modules required
easy tempo change
always in-sync
btw to avoid timstretching artefacts, the best solution is: using different ramp waves, eg for slow (say 90bpm), mid (120bpm), and fast (150bpm) tracks.
I just used this extreme setting 120->175bpm to see the difference between Cubas and Live more clearly.