Prowave WAV Oscillator w/ D50 Vox.

Preset lists and tools for Scope modules

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Prowave WAV Oscillator w/ D50 Vox.

Post by dawman »

Here's an ancient D50 sample combined w/ RDII Modules Supersaw.
You'll need the RDII Modules Supersaw Oscillator for slot #2.
The D50 sample goes into slot one.

In the inserts effects rack I have the CW Stereo Excpander in the first slot.
A nice Delay or Reverb should be inserted in slot #2.
Having the Expander in the first slot with a width of 100% seperates the delay lines for a better stereo effect.

Here's some Crescendos also.
http://forums.planetz.com/download/file.php?id=4480
RP_001

Re: Prowave WAV Oscillator w/ D50 Vox.

Post by RP_001 »

Nice work Jimmy boy! Mp3's sound great.

I will load the preset in prowave tomorrow, and let you know if it works...
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

I managed to recreate the preset.

The D50-01.wav sample and RDII Supersaw arent included in the preset though. I have to search for them manually, and then save it afterwards, but that isnt big problem off course.

I also tried the the BW_Prowave1.2 presets with the JD900 samplepool connected in the EXT input of Prowave. I can load all presets without any problems. However, i cant find a way to "scroll" through the samples in this samplepool to create my own combinations of .wavs from the pool. Also, are there any more of these samplepools to play with ??

I hope someone can explain...
dawman

Post by dawman »

I have lots.
I am making them easier to use by adding loops, etc.

BTW. I use the samples folder and scroll through a couple hundred of these. I never used the sample pool even though I was told I couldn't or shouldn't.
Check the STS samples that guys are using in Modular.
The best quality samples IMHO are the ones used for the MPC samplers, or the SF2's from EMU are really good.
I use some that are for vocals, but you could download or purchase tons of high quality samples from EMU/Creative.
I like the old Emulator samples I transferred from 8bit. They have the old Melotron character to them instead of the pretty perfect sample stuff.

Make sure to get SpaceF's CC2 and I'll explain how to get the crescendos sounding pretty authentic. It's also great for Filter sweeps and total mutaion of Waldorf WAV Oscillators in real time too.

Cheers.
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

RP_001 wrote:However, i cant find a way to "scroll" through the samples in this samplepool to create my own combinations of .wavs from the pool.
There's a very small scrollbar down the right of the sample pool which you should be able to use to scroll up and down. It's pretty fiddly, but should work. Occasionally the whole sample set flips upside down, showing the # 1 at the bottom and # 128 at the top! Don't ask me why!

I've circled the scroll bar below.
pool_scroll.gif
pool_scroll.gif (6.64 KiB) Viewed 12969 times
Ben
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

Thanks for explaining Ben! I will try it out in a minute..
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

I found the tiny scrollbar, but i didnt succeed in loading the wavs in Prowave's wave oscillators..

Should i also connect the samplepool directly to prowave's ext. input?? I found out that just loading it in the project could also load your BW_prowave1.2 presets. However, I did have some strange reboots after changing to the wav. oscillators in prowave.
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

RP_001 wrote:I found the tiny scrollbar, but i didnt succeed in loading the wavs in Prowave's wave oscillators..

Should i also connect the samplepool directly to prowave's ext. input?? I found out that just loading it in the project could also load your BW_prowave1.2 presets. However, I did have some strange reboots after changing to the wav. oscillators in prowave.
There's no need (nor any way) to connect the sample pool to anything.
If you've got a preset already loaded, you should be able to just drag one of the samples from the pool into the sample slot on the Pro-Wave panel.

About the reboots, I'm not sure if this post will help:
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22663
I have experienced reboots with the Wav oscillators in the Pro-Wave, and what I wrote in that post seemed to help me avoid them. John Bowen knows about the problem but hasn't been able to find out why it happens. The Wav osciallator is the same as used in the Solaris, Quantum Wave, proph@t plus, Rotor, etc, and none of these other synths behave the same way. I doubt John has time to look at this right now, but it might be worth asking him to look at it again once the HW Solaris is shipping.

Jimmy, you've been using the Pro-Wave with the sample pools - do you get this problem also?

Ben
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ben I am sure you are aware of my lack of computer skills.. :lol:
I read the first part of a sentence from the Prowave manual and immediately figured I had read enough and just put them in the Samples folder w/o using the Sample Pool method.
It seems my mistake worked out fine. Live my presets load quickly and when I create them, I scroll through the Folder's content and they swap in & out effortlessly.
Being a Moron paid off this time.
I have 276 samples in my Folder, many are seperate stereo files that I use as L & R samples, and I am sure many will say they can't be true stereo files, etc. due to the Akai/EMU conversion process. However, I have ARP String Ensemble, ARP Solina and Melotron presets that sound better than the sampler they came from....#@#! ?? Probably because they are semi lo-fi instruments anyway. But Prowave adds it's various Filters and I can manipulate the sound and add effects to breathe new life to sterile, old sounds.

Please, don't judge that crappy Jaws mp3 I posted in that link from way back when. I just started using Reaper and didn't realize I was recording to mono files, and they really sucked. I should have deleted it, but prefer having reminders of progress... :D
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

stardust wrote:samplepool works smoothly with Solaris.
So it should with ProWave.
That's what's weird. Sample Pool works with all other Zarg synths, including Propha@t Plus, which the ProWave came from. John says they all use the same sample oscillator, but the ProWave does this nasty reboot quite frequently.
Ben
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

Following the procedures in the posts above did the job :) Thanks !!
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:
Make sure to get SpaceF's CC2 and I'll explain how to get the crescendos sounding pretty authentic. It's also great for Filter sweeps and total mutaion of Waldorf WAV Oscillators in real time too.
Ok, i've downloaded the CC2. Please explain.... :)

BTW, thanks for the stereo expander tip. I didnt actually notice this device till now... Great way to control panning in the fp mixers.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here Ya' Go..............

1 ) Right Click on Prowave's Frequency Cutoff Knob...twist a knob or slider on your keyboard.It will say current....then hit the MIDI logo that displays the + under it, the -, is the one on the right. The MIDI + logo will then store that controllers number.

2 ) Go to the Keytrack knob, and repeat.

3 ) Insert those 2 numbers in the 2 faders on the far right of the CC2 Device.

4 ) If you have an expression pedal it is much more precise than a suck ass ModWheel, but if not use the stock number 11 of the white fader on the far left of the CC2 Device. That should be the ModWheel, but I can't remember the default number and have changed all of mine to use w/ an expression pedal.

5 ) Now connect the MIDI connections as shown below, and make sure all of your channels, and numbers are correctly stored.

6 ) Now tweak the Curve Modifiers, the Int. and the Offset knobs. Instead of wasting 15 minutes explaing their functions, just fiddle around w/ them andyou see how they correspond to whatever controllers you are using.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man RP-001,

Here's a 2 step instruction for maximum and minimum Mod Wheel settings for CC2 & Prowave.

Our problem lies in the fact we use different controllers to play our synths & samples with.
However, a preset for Prowave is comapatible since we each have RDII Modules Series, and SpaceF Satellites.

Before I go into the explanation of how to use this type of Waldorf Smoothing, let me know if you like the sound in the mp3.
If so I will continue, as this is an excellent way to create and morph from one curtain of sound to another, or blend as in the example below, without the usual notchy jumps associated with Waldorf Wave Oscillators.
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

Excellent!!

Very usuable for my type of music.

I wont be using this in a live situation like you do...

It think it's a great way to make my leads/pads sound less "static" over a couple of bars like it does now...

Only drawback would be my knowledge how to... and a decent controller :D But that's fixable...
Andy_F

Post by Andy_F »

Just wondering.. are those D-50 samples still on this site somewhere? The attachment link seems to have been lost :(

I found this when searching as im currently sampling a few of my synths and creating Prowave friendly samples/patches.
The D-50 is one which has always interested me so i'd like to try them out.
Andy_F

Post by Andy_F »

Also, is there a maximum sample length for use with ProWave?

Ive sampled some short waveforms from PCM synths like Korg M1 and Roland JV1080 which were fine.
But just had a BSOD from a JP8080 Supersaw sample (it had to be long to catch the full cycle)