Keep Your Keys!

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

This is a very simple tip:

Combine your Pulsar Board #'s Serial #'s, and device #'s into one text file. I also tossed in all of my audio software registration #'s for non creamware apps. Save this file to a floppy and put it somewhere safe. It comes in handy come reinstall time, as all the numbers are in one place, and you don't have to type them, just cut 'n paste.
Its obvious, I know. But I bet at least one of you has not thought of it and has lost #'s after a format. [OK, I admit it, it happened to me once]. :oops:
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

I have made it in a tree structure with empty folders

Code: Select all

Pulsar keys
 - ProPack
    - number
 - STS4000
    - number
 - mod2
    - number
 - sts3000
    - number
I don't believe a floppy that much. On my machine, they have limited life span. 2 floppys or a CDR is more for my temper. Also hotmail is quite good for storing such stuff.

Immanuel
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
at0m

Post by at0m »

Hi,

Here's how I keep track of registrations and passwords.

I have a disk with a zipped (and password protected) text file, which contains all of my registrations, listing all regs by homesite, alphabetically. The disk is on a safe place. For everyday use I have a disk w some basic reg info: sites which I don't know the pass/logg from, which are not really life savers, or which I don't know by head.

I made myself some kind of system which allows me to make different passwords for different sites. I alone can easily remind them with a trick. I'm not going to tell you my trick :wink: Easy, and 'encoded' passwords.

I didn't want the same passwords on all sites. I did not want Windows to store all my passwords. If someone malicious abused it, he could possibly do some major damage. Still, I did not want to check the passwords list every day. That's why I came up with that encoded password.

If you want to use Hotmail to backup some of your stuff, you might run into problems if you don't check that account often enough. Hotmail's constantly reducing the time by which it empties your inbox. I think for now, you have to check it at least once a month.
If you're looking for CW shop serials etc, they're on your personal page on CW's site. Of course, third party plugins which are not sold through in CW's shop will not be listed there.

Keep it safe and convenient :wink:

at0mic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: at0mic on 2002-04-15 00:15 ]</font>
remixme

Post by remixme »

Also I was thinking, aren't the key codes changing for pulsar 3.1?
Won't you get a code for each of the synth/mixer packages?
If thats the case it might be a good idea to backup your old codes in case you ever want to go back to an older software version.

Unless they are going to keep displaying the old codes on the creamware site.
Any thoughts?
sandrob

Post by sandrob »

cw keep my serials on "my page" on internet :roll: