Strange ASIO problem

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shot

Strange ASIO problem

Post by Shot »

Hi all,

I have this problem with almost all ASIO modules in Scope.
If I load a project containing ASIO1 or ASIO2 modules, on ASIO Source outputs it plays only first two channels. If i remove ASIO Source and reload it, or simply change the number of source channels everything will play fine. If I use Asio 24bit Source/Dest modules it's fine. But they are limited to 32 channels only, and I want to use 48 channels. Inevitably I must use ASIO module with 64 prefix. ASIO 24bit is not enough for me. It's very annoying to re-connect wires after reloading ASIO channels after every project is loaded. And that's not all...
In this "play-only-first-two-channels" situation, when I have channel 1 or 2 from ASIO2 (or ASIO1, makes no difference) source connected to an input of STM 1632 mixer, ASIO source will playback ONLY FIRST channel! Damn! If I disconnect it from the mixer it'll output first two. Other channels are still not being played back (now I have to dbl-click to change number of channels, select some other value of output channels and only then it'll play correctly through all channels).
Again, this happens on ALL ASIO1 and ASIO2 modules, either 2-32, flt or whatever...

Any solution?

I'll appreciate any help!!

:roll:
voidar

Re: Strange ASIO problem

Post by voidar »

ASIO modules must be loaded before you start your ASIO-host/sequencer application.

You will need to configure your sequencer in which channels to use for what material.

Which ASIO-host/sequencer do you use?
Shot

Post by Shot »

I know that! This problem is not sequencer related (btw, I use Nuendo).
I'm sure it's not sequencer related because when I open Meterbridge module in Scope, I can see that there's only first two channels being reproduced. And Nuendo plays back all the channels (see the peakmeters on output ch. active, and routing of track outputs is correctly setup).

I still have no clue why is this happening...

I was even thinking of going back to Scope 3.1 to see if it will be same, but it's such a drag reinstalling entire Scope with all additional devices and sorting them in separate folders (I like to have 'em in folders by category... my slutish habit!). And if it's same, double drag to go back to Scope 4...
garyb

Post by garyb »

what is your sequencer?

there is NOTHING wrong with the asio drivers causing this. it must be a setting or pilot error, or a sequencer that only allows two tracks. i've seen too many computers with 4.5 work to think otherwise.
Shot

Post by Shot »

My sequencer is Nuendo...
I've checked every detail in sequencer and it all seems to work fine.
Again, if I change number of asio channels in scope (dbl click on module in Scope and change let's say from 48 to 50) and restart ASIO driver in sequencer (Nuendo - Devices/System/ASIO) it all plays fine! Nuendo definitely plays well!

Could it be possible it's Scope 4.0 related? I've went from 3.1 just recently when I changed my computer and added Pulsar2 alongside Luna which I had before. On this new setup it's not working anymore. I didn't plan to upgrade to Scope 4.5, but if my problem is related to version 4.0 I guess I'll have to upgrade...
astroman

Post by astroman »

Scope 4.0 and 4.5 are absolutely identical on the software/driver level.
There are just a few additional license codes 'collected' under the # 4.5
You may have a simple installation problem.
I just happens from time to time - for example my VDAT (obviously) has gone nuts by the simple fact that I added my old Pulsar One (it contains some keys) to a Scope pro installation.
How exactly did you advance through your installation ?

cheers, Tom
Shot

Post by Shot »

Installation seemed normal.
I asked Ralf from creamware for a new 4.0 key. Went through installation with new keys and that's it...
I've put a lot free devices I had before to different folders (dynamic, EQ and so on...) but I don't think it might be the cause of my problems.
I don't know what else to do. I'll reinstall my system. I can't do it now because I'm in a middle of a project, but in a few weeks I'll reinstall everything. Entire win xp.

Thank you all for the help guys!!!
At least I know now it's not a known bug in Scope 4, so it must be something in my system. Reinstall must fix it!
garyb

Post by garyb »

nuendo MUST be closed when changing the number of or type of asio ports in Scope. the extra i/o must be enabled in the vst connections window upon reopening nuendo.