SC- give us an update -please!

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

eliam

SC- give us an update -please!

Post by eliam »

Hi there, I think we're due to have an update regarding your current activities and status. I don't want a release date, just an aknowledgement of the state of things, if you wish to inform your faithful customers. That would be appreciated.

Have a wonderful day!
tuzzan

Re: SC- give us an update -please!

Post by tuzzan »

I agree !

:)
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

We don't have long to wait. I'm guessing all will be revealed at NAMM (which is in less than a month).
VeryPSB

Post by VeryPSB »

Shayne White wrote:We don't have long to wait. I'm guessing all will be revealed at NAMM (which is in less than a month).
It's how you define long...

Announced: December '07 (To be released soon)
Delayed: May '08
Delayed: Juli '08
1 year anniversary of the original announcement: December '08
and still no official statement...

Maybe released: January '09 (Still no official update...)
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Yes a little Christmas message (in fact i believe the Queen's Christmas address to the nation this year will include a reference to XITE) about where they are roughly at - no details necessary, just a titbit, anything.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I'm also interested in system test results. The tech forum here was where people could find sample pc specs, but it'll be great if sc could inform us of recommended setups, or at least things known to cause trouble. So, at least we can have a system ready for xite-1.
ming

Post by ming »

namm is quite probable. and thomann still lists the xite with an estimated delivery date of 29/12/08.
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

kensuguro wrote:I'm also interested in system test results. The tech forum here was where people could find sample pc specs, but it'll be great if sc could inform us of recommended setups, or at least things known to cause trouble. So, at least we can have a system ready for xite-1.
yes few info will be nice :)
DSP ADD!CT

Post by DSP ADD!CT »

thomann is quite serious now:
available at short notice (usually 2-5 days)
:o
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

As John Bowen is working with Soniccore on the Solaris project that might give an indicator on the xite release
General release for Solaris Apr 2009
? might be when xite is released ? or they will finish it off after Solaris is released - then prob juli(!) 09

Can't afford either as I'm in the UK and the exchange rate is crap :-?....UK economy is wrecked..... :(
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

stardust wrote:AFAIK Solaris HW will be produced in January - for the pre order units ;)
No, actually, first production is set for mid-February now.

john b.
Mike Goodwin

Post by Mike Goodwin »

I to am wondering what the deal is.
MrV

Post by MrV »

Yes agreed with all here .... you know , for this product launch to keep getting pushed back
one would have to assume SC is having technical problems making this thing fly .....
Still , maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised at NAMM .
Best for '09 to all you PlanetZ and SC Cats .
Cheers , Michael
doodyrh

Post by doodyrh »

In the meantime they could've given us a Vista driver to be getting on with.

These guys expect an awful lot of loyalty.
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

To be fair, I'm only curious about the improvements and new features in scope 5.0 and not really about the vista driver. In fact I just bought myself another XP license last week. XP is still just fine for me. But that's just me ;)
doodyrh

Post by doodyrh »

ChampionSound wrote:To be fair...
Too many people being too fair IMO. :wink:
capacitor

Post by capacitor »

You can't put lipstick on a Vista :lol:
The first action people should take is to remove cash from Banrural, and break the banks of corrupt people. #escandalogt
doodyrh

Post by doodyrh »

doodyrh wrote:In the meantime they could've given us a Vista driver to be getting on with.
OK SC, tell you what. Don't bother with the Vista drivers after all. In fact, at the rate you work, skip Windows 7 drivers too and get started on Windows 8 now. They might just be ready before Windows 9 hits the shelves/fans.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

doodyrh wrote:
doodyrh wrote:In the meantime they could've given us a Vista driver to be getting on with.
OK SC, tell you what. Don't bother with the Vista drivers after all. In fact, at the rate you work, skip Windows 7 drivers too and get started on Windows 8 now. They might just be ready before Windows 9 hits the shelves/fans.
I am willing to put money on the new drivers/software working on W7.
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

I think that - since there was a prototype available several months ago - Xite involves a lot of optimization work for sure (can you imagine the amount of data handled by the express card ???!!!).... There is no such power in an external rack available in the market that can be used with a laptop and this product is almost a dream for many so it takes time (too much ? :roll: ). I think the first anoucement was too early but hey, they wanted to let their customers know a new Scope and a mobile product was at work... Many compnies would have shut their mouth ! Was it a strategic error or just honesty ? I don't know ... As a scoper, i sold all my DSP and i just wait, now, for the release and for more details about the product. So this strategy makes me (and others) potential customers.

NAMM is about to start now and i definitly think that it would be stupid for SC to give information before such an event. We have to wait few days now... If they have a booth for the Namm (and considering the costs involved)... it means that the Xite flies !!!!!

Next week is one of the most Xting week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:o :o

Jo