XITE and 3rd party software

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

Tau

XITE and 3rd party software

Post by Tau »

Well, the XITE 1 is almost here, and some of us are getting ready for a change. I had my mind made up about upgrading when something hit me: I don't know at all what will happen to my beloved 3rd party software. I mean, stock cw (sorry, sc) stuff is nice, but I really can't do without the other stuff. So, instead of going around writing a bunch of e-mails, I thought this topic would be a chance to invite 3rd party developers to state their position on key transfers from Scope to XITE.

I'm sure this is an interesting topic for many of us. In my case, I have devices from:

SpaceF
Adern
Wolf
DAS
Celmo
John Bowen / Zarg
Orbitone
STW
Brainworx

And also SPL, Softube, Z-Plane, Prodissey, Six-String, VDAT, etc- all of these are of great interest to me, and there really would be no point in upgrading if I couldn't use my older and current projects that are basically built around these devices. If I have to buy these all over again when crossing over to XITE, it'll be a much higher cost (easily a few hundred more). What's more, I'm not sure as to what will happen to the resale value of such devices and cards if the keys are not transferable.

It would be good if the developers stated their position on this issue.

T
erminardi

Re: XITE and 3rd party software

Post by erminardi »

Yep, Xite = 3.000 euros, add another 2.000 euros to obtain third part plugins (average 200 euros x 10 plugins) and you go to spend 5.000 euros!!!! :o
Obviously S|C allows to transfer your plugins from Scope boards to Xite, but I don't think that this is the logical choice of a lot of old customers. (i.e. I have 2 PC linked with both 3 boards full of different plugins)
So a good thing is that if S|C allows to duplicate your plugs licences from Scope to Xite just like UAD upgrade policy!

I really don't want to buy another "istance" of plugs that I've already purcased.
And I want to continue with the use of my "old" scope boards in parallel to Xite.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

The thing I want to be sure about is if these plugins can all run in OS X. We don't know if they have to be recompiled or something, do we?
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
garyb

Post by garyb »

afaik, the software is identical.

the only thing is that the pci and pci-e busses can't be used at the same time.
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

Shayne White wrote:The thing I want to be sure about is if these plugins can all run in OS X. We don't know if they have to be recompiled or something, do we?
Hi All.

I'm certainly going to support the transfer of registration keys for all Zarg Music products to new XITE owners. I don't know what issues will be involved to do this, as we haven't discussed it yet, but you certainly shouldn't have to purchase the plug-ins again! I would think the process will be fairly simple.

Regarding compatibility - they shouldn't need to be recompiled, but the only products in my synth line that currently don't have Mac-compatible items are the Quantum Wave, and by extension, the Solaris, as the Control Shaper module used in both is a .vxd module (the Q-Wave has a few additional modules that are also custom .vxd & .sys modules). I do have a version of the Solaris that comes without the Control Shaper for Mac owners.

I've asked that these special modules be coded to work as DSP modules so that they can be run in Mac-based systems, and I've just submitted a slightly updated Q-Wave to Sonic Core for XITE testing and such. No word as to when the custom modules will be coded, but I just wanted everyone to know the current situation.

regards,
john b.
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

hi all
I'm certainly going to support the transfer of registration keys for all Zarg Music products to new XITE owners. I don't know what issues will be involved to do this, as we haven't discussed it yet, but you certainly shouldn't have to purchase the plug-ins again! I would think the process will be fairly simple.
thx a lot john for this sentence ... your english is much better than mine ... but
THIS IS OUR POSITION @ DAS

We will do our best for every one to transfer (at least from one card ...) activation keys on Xite... i don't know what to say if one has some keys on several cards ... but might be the same ...

Any way seems that nothing is definitive yet

cheers
olive
spacef

Post by spacef »

Tau wrote:what will happen to my beloved 3rd party software.
They should be completely compatible and behaving the same as now.

There is no plan on my side to take fees for a transfer of SpaceF plugs from scope to xite. This is the option supported.

I always imagined that, in the worse case, the basic method would be the "global transfer" of plugins by S|C as it is how it is made now, but I do not have any insight about this. In such case, it would depend on the transfer price, if any.

Mehdi
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Thats exactly as anyone should expect it to be Mehdi. IE - as it is now. You'd expect that you'll be able to transfer plugs from one system (or board/card) to another, but *not* run the same plugs on more than one system unless you buy multiple licenses. Maybe there's exceptions there from one 3rd party to another, but AFAIK most developers only allow a Scope plug to be used on one system or board/card per registration. I guess there won't be any major shift in this department, or am I wrong?

Mark
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Stardust, you're confusing me. Now I don't know who's jumping the gun here. :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

I already transferred all of my keys to one card a while back.

Maybe that was a sound idea afterall.

Although I am aging rapidly. :o
zangsta

Post by zangsta »

stardust wrote:Ageing is not as dangerous as it seems. It brings wisdom and Bingo.
BINGO ?!?!? :o Ohhh..NOOO!! :-? NOT BINGO..not ever that. :x . Wisdom..ok....Bingo..not ok !
Can´t I still run an old-fashioned computer with scope ?? At the very least on saturdays ? OK?
Tau

Post by Tau »

Thank you John, Olive and Mehdi! It's good to know that the bulk of my devices will move along with me. I expect all plugs sold in SC shop to be transferable too, even if there is that fee for multiple key transfer, whch was about 50 EUR, If I remember right. And that includes STW, Flexor, Brainworx, SPL and so on.

This makes the Summer Special much more interesting :) It's weird to have it ending before the XITE comes out, but if key-transfer is not a problem...

Now, I only need to find out about Celmo and Wolf's devices. Hope I can keep those too!

T
Tau

Post by Tau »

Well, I am expecting (hoping, really, but it would make a lot of sense) that SC can handle all the keys for the software they sell in their shop - and that does include Adern...

We have to wait and see
wolf

Post by wolf »

Hi,

my software license is bound to a person, not to hardware or software.
Practically this means you (but no one else) can use it on as many systems as needed/wanted.
So if you installed your personal register files correctly it works on any scope platform right away.

cheers,
Wolfgang
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

I have just purchased the DAS comp and (again for my remaining P2) the STW P100/A100 as I need them right now. I know we will be able to transfer the keys to the Xite as it has always been done between 2 boards ... Remember that -in case of fee- the total transfer was only 55 euros and this "plugin" is available at the online shop so the "same" procedure will apply for sure .... :D

The Mac question is very interesting though but you can easily check the compatibility ... hum, I am not sure the P100/a100 will be osx compatible (at least os9 is ok but may be it will be ok with X ?) ...

Have fun !
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Hi,

Practically this means you (but no one else) can use it on as many systems as needed/wanted.
So if you installed your personal register files correctly it works on any scope platform right away.

cheers,
Wolfgang
Hi,

cheers,
Wolfgang
THIS IS imo the right licence policy!!! :x
Just like UAD-1...

If I buy a hardware compressor, this is linked to my person, not to my recording room... if I have 2 PC with scope I must be able to use MY OWN plogins in both PCs!!!
I really not satisfied to transfer my plugs from PULSAR to XITE because my PULSAR become almost unusable. In example I have 2 specific PC because one runs in XTC and one runs as SCOPE OS: I can resolve this hybrid solution with only one XITE.
I have acquired my plugs, so why I can't use them freely in one or other PC/board?
Not TRANSFER but COPY!!! (a copy not able to resell as second hand with board, obviously, because is linked to person and not to hardware), repeat just like UAD-1.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

bill3107 wrote:The Mac question is very interesting though but you can easily check the compatibility ... hum, I am not sure the P100/a100 will be osx compatible (at least os9 is ok but may be it will be ok with X ?) ...

Have fun !
I guessing it's unlikely that they would have coded Mac OS 9-specific system files into the devices. Probably any devices that were cross-platform will work in OS X. But again, that's guesswork, and there's no way to tell for sure.

Thanks, John, for the clarification...we now have a better idea of what to look out for. :)

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

http://www.adern.com/home/modules.php?n ... opic&t=616
FleXor will not support Xite or Scope 5.
SonicCore don't seem to be interested in our products.

but fear not!

the next version of flexor is in development and all our old users will be able to use it even without scope or xite, and it will be a MAJOR upgrade :>
(i cant say much more but stay tuned more info is soon to follow)

cheers!
Assaf
:-? :evil: :cry: :( :-?
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

This is a BAD, very BAD, news! :x
Sonic Core?
MayN

Post by MayN »

My comments:

http://www.adern.com/home/modules.php?n ... opic&t=616

Ralf, any comments ?

Ich will !!!!!!!!!!!!