Some news about the Scope XITE-1 design

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Strattosphere

Post by Strattosphere »

the19thbear wrote:totally off topic, but: what are good substitutes with the same pin configuration for the 4580/5532?

thanks! :D
These look quite good.

http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,2877,AD797,00.html

Then again someone in the Gearslutz forum recommended against using them as a drop in replacement for the 5534.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/expert-q ... 532-a.html
Immanuel

Re: Does it have active or passive cooling?

Post by Immanuel »

Ralf wrote::=)))

We think, we don't need a fan.
I think that approach will bring you lots of fans :lol:
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

Strattosphere wrote:
enumeratus wrote:
Strattosphere wrote: ...

Hopefully they'll use something like Burr Brown INA137s or THAT 1512 chips for the preamps.

Stratt
Good guess - the XITE preamps actually have SSM 2019 input amplifiers.
Nice, I think SPL use SSM2019s in their stuff. It means for those who aren't technical that the Xite-1 preamps should have a sound that rivals some very nice mid-range Mic pres. Think SPL, Grace 101, Joemeek etc.
sssssssmoking!!!!
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Strattosphere wrote:Nice, I think SPL use SSM2019s in their stuff. It means for those who aren't technical that the Xite-1 preamps should have a sound that rivals some very nice mid-range Mic pres. Think SPL, Grace 101, Joemeek etc.
That's good, because the mic inputs on the Onyx box are all in the back -- so Scope's inputs on the front will make it very handy in a pinch.

Thanks for all the info, Ralf!
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Man - this slow drip dripping of information is worse than Chinese water torture - I am been eaten alive by my curiousity :lol:

When will it be the day of a new dawn?

Not complaining BTW - just relieving some of my pain - Quality takes time (just keen to see the full spec in its entirety i.e. bug fixes, new features, MIDI protocol etc)

Give us the body of Ralph :D
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

Looks fantastic. A big improvement over the earlier prototype.
And thank goodness for no fans - the A8/16 were so noisy.

XITE-ing indeed :)

-John
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Strattosphere wrote:
enumeratus wrote:
Strattosphere wrote: ...

Hopefully they'll use something like Burr Brown INA217s or THAT 1512 chips for the preamps.

Stratt
Good guess - the XITE preamps actually have SSM 2019 input amplifiers.
Nice, I think SPL use SSM2019s in their stuff. It means for those who aren't technical that the Xite-1 preamps should have a sound that rivals some very nice mid-range Mic pres. Think SPL, Grace 101, Joemeek etc.

Thank you for explaining that, i'm not technical on stuff like that. I do have a Grace design 101 wich i may be forced to sell in order to buy XITE-1. Atleast now i'll have good micpre's in return and it's good that XITE-1 helps to pay for itself with all of what it offers, cause you can sell other things. The Grace Design is a very clean sound wich i love.
Strattosphere

Post by Strattosphere »

Sounddesigner wrote:
Strattosphere wrote:
enumeratus wrote: Good guess - the XITE preamps actually have SSM 2019 input amplifiers.

Thank you for explaining that, i'm not technical on stuff like that. I do have a Grace design 101 wich i may be forced to sell in order to buy XITE-1. Atleast now i'll have good micpre's in return and it's good that XITE-1 helps to pay for itself with all of what it offers. The Grace Design is a very clean sound wich i love.
I would definitely wait and do some comparisons between the Xite-1 and any preamp before deciding to get rid of anything. Different designs using the same chips do have certain differences. A Grace, Joemeek or SPL pre will sound slightly different to each other even though they may use similar chips; SSM2019/2017, INA217 or whatever. Even with the same preamp schematic, quality of components, board layout and power circuitry all make a difference.

Broadly, knowing that the circuit includes an SSM2019, the potential is there for a very high quality,low noise, non-coloured pre.

Stratt
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

too late, I already sold everything I had, including my mom
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

SC finally updated their Web site!!!! It nows says July 2008 (spelled Juli -- er?). Also they finally mentioned that Z-Link is included.

Let's hope that July doesn't become August and August doesn't become September. :lol:
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

Shayne White wrote:SC finally updated their Web site!!!! It nows says July 2008 (spelled Juli -- er?). Also they finally mentioned that Z-Link is included.
damn, you really spotted that minor changes?!? congrats! you kinda need a magnifying glass to see that...

as a result of the updates, btw, the pictures don't match the desciption anymore... :wink:
I assume they don't want to upload another pre-release picture, so they probably upload a real pic of a final unit as soon as they have one.

-greetings, markus-
Last edited by kylie on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

just one last question though ... is Juli a german word for december ? :lol:
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

bill3107 wrote:just one last question though ... is Juli a german word for december ? :lol:
no. it actually means "when it's done" :P
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
borg

Post by borg »

sounds and looks quite good to me :)

now I just need to know about included plug packs, plug transfers and a possible trade-in policy for old hardware...
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

borg wrote: now I just need to know about included plug packs, plug transfers and a possible trade-in policy for old hardware...
yes plz.
thanks
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

bill3107 wrote:just one last question though ... is Juli a german word for december ? :lol:
No, but 08 is a german word for 12 :=)

cheers
ralf
spacef

Post by spacef »

Ralf wrote:
No, but 08 is a german word for 12 :=)

cheers
ralf
:D
cool, in 2012 : 2012 dsps @8888 gigaflertz on the new Intapple quantic 5th dimension meta processor... (eventhough this sounds more like 2512....)

i vote for september though, it takes the time it takes
motormind

Post by motormind »

hifiboom wrote:very nice Ralf....

now the people who criticised the missing z-link can be happy too.
Yup. It would have been pretty silly if they had omitted that.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

astroman wrote:well, guessing from the rendering that section might even be modular...

cheers, Tom
true it seems like its modular and maybe they can replace it with a coffee maker and integrated cigarette lighter.

Well done. Good features. :D
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

spacef wrote:2012 dsps @8888 gigaflertz
I like gigaflertz :D