Wavelab in XTC mode?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

mediamalte

Wavelab in XTC mode?

Post by mediamalte »

Is it possible to use Wavelab in XTC Mode? It doens't wokrk with my XTC routing vor Cubase :-?
I would like to use the Optimaster and other Scope PlugIns for mastering in Wavelab.
Scope Home + Pulsar 1/ AMD Opteron 2,4 Ghz/ 3 Gig Ram/ Nvidia 7800GT/ a lot of HD Space :-) and Windows 7
garyb

Post by garyb »

put a 24bit wav source and destination along with an asio2 24bit ot 16bit(depending on the cubase bit depth) source and dest module in the routing window. set the appropriate number of asio channels. put a mixer and appropriate module to get sound out of the computer in the window.

connect the wav source module to a stereo channel on the mixer. connect the asio source to another stereo channel on the mixer. connect the wav dest to the main output of the mixer. cubase's ports are asio, wavelab's are wav. connect the audio dest module(going outside the computer) to the output of the mixer. (this is why i use the stm2448, because it has a control room output that i can turn up and down without affecting the volume of the main output).

put the processing into insert slots on the mixer.

open wavelab and set to WDM or Mutimedia drivers. open cubase. press "record" in wavelab. press "play" in cubase. done.

if you have any recording errors, you can likely fix them by opening the task manager(cntrl-alt-del) and going to the "processes" tab. find wavelab on the list, right click and choose "set priority" and "above normal". find scope on the list, right click and set priority to "below normal" or "low".

scope mode is better.....by assigning cubase to multiple outs(scope supports up to 64), you can mix in the scope environment. your sound will improve dramatically, especially when combined with the devices from DAS, Wolf, SpaceF, Celmo, D-Vice and others. the STM2442 and 4896 are vastly superior to the cubase mixer imo. i would still use cubase for what it does well, though. i use the sequencer's automation and for hosting vst's that i want to use. occasionally i'll use the sequencer's mixer for submixes or automated auxes or just auxes that host vsts. those auxes get their own channel out of cubase, however, and are mised in scope. of course, i only use this setup for final mixes. scratch mixes and tracking are mixed in the sequencer....

i hope this helps or gives you new ideas...
garyb

Post by garyb »

btw-if wav outs don't work in xtc mode, use the i/o enabler in the scope start menu(or the scope folder...).