COS and VOID demo devices are now available

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

fra77x

COS and VOID demo devices are now available

Post by fra77x »

Hi to all,

I 'd like to inform you that there is a procedure to get demo devices for COS and VOID synthesizers now.

The users should download the OXE-File ( Cos or Void ). (ftp://ftp.creamware.de/Software/3rdparty)

Copy the OXE-file to the OXE folder of the Scope installation ( Scope / APP / OXE )

Start Scope and the device will be installed.

Try to use the device.

A registration dialogue Window ( with a request string ) will appear, asking for the activation key.

Use the copy to clipboard button and paste the requeststring in an email to Ralf Bach (Ralf.Bach@sonicCore.de).

With these request string he can generate temporary registrations for the devices.

Also please check the updated preset lists i will upload here in planetz in preset section.

cheers,
John
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

thank you very much. A demo is welcomed.

I will do the procedure. :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

Awesome,
I just bought another card with the AES /EBU's on it and am waiting for Ralf to send the keys. I will kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks 4 The Tip,
mr. prawn

Post by mr. prawn »

thanks for the demos. im downloading the files now :)
cheers
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Great sounds!!

Keep up the great work !! :cool:

regards,
Shroomz
Ed

Ed

Post by Ed »

Both synths are working without a stability.
Their sound is not original, I can make it with almost every synth.
There are a lot of free synths which are MUCH MORE interesting.
Price is like John Bowen's Solaris which is great synth of all time, SonicCore might be proud to have it.
COS and VOID are the advertising against the SonicCore, the Scope.
I don't understand what these synths are doing on the main page near the super products from DAS( imho their price might be even higher that it is now) and Brainworx.

Recently I heard the opinion that "Creamware's plug-ins are well, instead of their synths - which are bullshit" That told me the man who bought Scope Projects last month and used COS & VOID. It crushes the whole synths reputation.

IMHO the price should be 50EUR for both synths. We can buy it just for collection.
For a foggy case.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I believe that their strengths were the GUI and performance features.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

scope4live wrote:I believe that their strengths were the GUI and performance features.
+1 I think that the new idea is the morph feature and others performance features. I think also that the oscillator souds are similar to others (good) scope synth...
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
astroman

Post by astroman »

I have ProFive, Minimax, B2003, Europa, UberPlastic, OP8, Avalon, SparC, Solaris, QWave, RedDwarf, BlueWave, Vectron, Modular and Flexor, Blackbox, ... and maybe a few I forgot about at this moment ...
of course I could replicate any sound of COSM and VOID - but at what effort ?

you quote someone who calls it crap...
well here's another one to tell you that the background sound from those synths in the SonicCore booth during Frankfurt Messe sounded much better than anything I noticed from the omnipresent Access Virus - let alone the native rubbish

The GUI appeal of the 2 devices isn't my cup of tea, but that doesn't matter much as I'm certainly not a target customer (with an almost complete back catalog of all CWA and 3rd party devices).
For 'new' customers they seem to be an excellent way to get into the SonicCore sound flavour of hardware they probably have seen elsewhere.

Unless those were fake versions on Messe (which I seriously doubt) those 2 synths are absolutely on the same level of sound quality that we are used to.
Ed

Ed

Post by Ed »

I have all synthesizers Scope, and 3 ScopeProfessional boards and I know that I speak....

...You have noticed what big interest have caused these synthesizers? And as sparks of interest have died out after demos have been given to us.
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

As a Dynatube can re-create a mesa or a Fender amp ... and what ? Both ways need a different approach. Miking a bass amp is just more complicated.... I have chosen the good DI+dynatube option but others just prefer spending time on mikes and takes... You know what i mean ? The same happens to modular stuff ... Many soniccore addicts spend a lot of time on Flexor and others just prefer good presets that give ideas and a good start for their creation. ADSR, filters, effects ...

On this point i agree with Scope4live, the fact is that these 2 synth offer an easy way to get very nice sounds and texture. But of course, both points of view can be shared ! I also use my lightwave quite often :wink: ...

Jo
Ed

Post by Ed »

I got some messages. Somebody thinks I'm arguing with the Sonic Core.
No! Absolutely there is a mirror - i want to protect the company I respect.
I'm on the Sonic Core's side and want just to protect 'em from a reputation breaking. The reason of it is COSOID.

A lot of people are afraid to tell the true - there are different bonuces they afraid to lose. I think, we should help the new brand Sonic Core to become the best one!
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Ed, everyone is entitled to voice their opinion, but you're confusing me a little. Are you saying that you bought these 2 new synths from SC & that you aren't happy with them? It's a bit confusing because it sounds like you might be saying that it's a friend or someone you know & not actually yourself that purchased them.
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

bill3107 wrote:I also use my lightwave quite often
Me too. I use it with the Flexor shaper modules, eg, "Germanium Thang" in the Wolf 16 mixer inserts. FAT with a capital "F". Flexor and Wolfie is a union made in the confederacy.

ns
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

bill3107 wrote:Dynatube
Hmmmm, been wondering about their Ampeg plug. Anyone got it? At the moment I use a rackmount Sansamp PSA-1 and then tweak it up with UAD Nigel cabs, Celmo Cab Sim or, just got it, spacef's Bass sim thingy.

No way to demo the Dynatube stuff, I think.

ns
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi,

I am as some others interested with COS and VOID an some comments from others which tried them would be welcome particularly about architectural comparisons (How close they are from the originals: recursive modulations, etc ...)

cheers

Michel
judiefre1

Post by judiefre1 »

the oxe download link doesnt work. any body have a working link? thnx
husker

Post by husker »

there's a space in the 3rd party bit:

ftp://ftp.creamware.de/Software/3rd%20P ... rAudioLab/
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

I liked the Void sound clips personally. To my taste they sounded high quality. We all have different taste buds tho. I look forward to trying the actual demos of both synths in the future.
irrelevance

Re: Ed

Post by irrelevance »

Ed wrote:I have all synthesizers Scope, and 3 ScopeProfessional boards and I know that I speak....

...You have noticed what big interest have caused these synthesizers? And as sparks of interest have died out after demos have been given to us.
Actually I have just loaded the demo onto my machine and I have to say...COS is a BEAST!
Twenty minutes in and with a few tweaks here and there and a dash of mod wheel patches come alive and morph with ease! This is a great performance feature.

Fra77x has shown on many occasions that he has a gift for creating performance enhancing tools. I haven't checked out VOID yet but I'm sure it will be good. I can't afford either synth at present :( but COS is on my wish list.
You get ten hours to play with the demo which I'm sure will be enough time to convince anyone serious about synths that they are a worthy addition to the Sonic Core line up!