Tripledat plugin and DAS plugins Questions.

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sounddesigner

Tripledat plugin and DAS plugins Questions.

Post by Sounddesigner »

Is there some sort of hardware required for Tripledat plugin? How many dsp's would i need to run it? how is it as a Mastering-program? Is Osiris and firewalker any good? Are the cd burning capabilities as good as samplitudes? What about Cutmaster? Who shot J.R.? What number am i thinking?

Also I've been demoing several of DigitalAudioSoft's plugins and thinking about buying them before the summer sale ends. The Das-2A has transparency unlike i've heard in plugins and sounds like a good mastering tool and i love the sound of the SL9000 and the RMX160 reverb also. My question is are these Some of the best for the Scope platform? Is there anything i need to be aware of about the plugins or the company?
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

hi sounddesigner,
Also I've been demoing several of DigitalAudioSoft's plugins and thinking about buying them before the summer sale ends. The Das-2A has transparency unlike i've heard in plugins and sounds like a good mastering tool and i love the sound of the SL9000 and the RMX160 reverb also. My question is are these Some of the best for the Scope platform?
thanks a lot for this report about our plugz ... the best i don't know ;-) and i am not the one that can answer this, but ... Very good ... for sure , we have a lot of customers that are very (very²) happy with them ;-)

Is there anything i need to be aware of about the plugins or the company?
nothing man !!! this is a bit strange question !!!
cheers
olive
dawman

Post by dawman »

The SL9000 works as good as my Gillette Mach III razor. It maintains the original sound while the gate performs it's magic in the master outs.

Transperacy is the correct word also. All of the EQ's I have used perform remarkably well, the DynaPara MS being my favorite.

Nowhere else are there such quality plugs for mastering in a bundle with that kind of price, and that kind of quality.

I never thought I would EQ external hardware analog synths as I always would place my mixes around their sound, but with these plugs I am able to control every aspect of my mix, and bringing external analog synths and hardware FX is a snap. They actually become more flexible in the Scope enviroment.

I do not own their compressors yet, but after using these tools, I can only imagine what's possible with those.

Oh Yeah,.............be aware of these plug ins ? Be aware that most broadcast companies using Fairlight consoles are using DAS plugs.

The DAS bundle is a sore dick deal, it cannot be beat !!
Last edited by dawman on Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

sonolive wrote:
Is there anything i need to be aware of about the plugins or the company?
nothing man !!! this is a bit strange question !!!
there is nothing strange in it, in my eyes. he just wants to benefit from the experience of other owners of your plugins with the software itself and the support of the company behind it. I for one don't have the experience to rate one plugin over the other (be it cw stock or DAS or any other developer), but I like several of the DAS ones. and I'm very satisfied with their customer support, although I have to admit that I didn't need it really often).

well, it's hate it or love it, isn't it? :)

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
tgstgs

Post by tgstgs »

tripleDAT PlugIn is win98 no winXP!!
CDburning works only when you have a tripleBoard ISA with tripledat3.01 i think was the latest and you copy the cdburning tool;
also some realtimeeffects dont work in realtime if you have no isaboard;
beside this its my most loved wavecutting application ever!

good vibes from vienna
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Thanks all for the responses! Does'nt look like tripledat is the answer for me since it's windows 98 and has'nt been updated. Also the hardware requirement would take me out my budget.

Far as Das effects, i ordered the 3 i mentioned after further considering price and quality. To even get that level of quality from most businesses that have it will cost $700 or better, Also extreme copy protection will come with it and you'll have to let the developers in to search your home every so often.

Sonolive i was'nt trying to be strange just trying to get more info on your company and products :) , I've bought products in the past and ran into serious bugs later, or the product becomes discontinued shortly after i buy it, or i find out tech support does'nt exist, etc.. I was just trying to be safe and gather info. But as for your products they appear to be a Army of winners, Great work indeed! If the 3 plugins i bought work out well i may be back for more!
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

hi sounddesigner,

you will receive the keys as soon as possible ...

thx again for support,

cheers
olive
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

you won't be desapointed for sure. Actually EQs and comp are just amazing to me. I really love the 2A comp too : easy and very efficient...

Be aware that the RMX160 is very different from a masterverb pro or a STW reverb... Just like an AMS-NEVE has its own identity, thge RMX160 is diffrent in sound from another unit. You can try the demo if i remember well so, it is up to you to decide. I do love it as it gives me another flavor with both a great "analog" sound and treatment quality... hope it helps !
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

Sounddesigner wrote:Thanks all for the responses! Does'nt look like tripledat is the answer for me since it's windows 98 and has'nt been updated.
well, there is something called TripleLE, which runs on OSes > win98, but it's limited in its functionality (8 stereotracks only, and no higher samplerates than 48khz). it was announced as kinda appetizer for the upgrade to the next tripledat release (which never happened to appear since).

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 02:20 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi sounddesigner,

thx again for support,

cheers
olive
done ... ;-)
cheers
olive
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

sonolive wrote:
Posted: 15 Aug 2007 02:20 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi sounddesigner,

thx again for support,

cheers
olive
done ... ;-)
cheers
olive

All is good, thanks!
I take it there will be a version 2 of SL9000 released soon?