Reverb Algorithms

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Reverb Algorithms

Post by dawman »

In the last year there have been some really great devices from SDK developers, and members. I commend all of them.

But since this a wishing for us, I have one.

The Yamaha REV 7 was a decent reverb, but it had a really famous algo for reverse reverb. In the movie Poltergeist, the darling little blond girl who was kidnapped into another dimension was speaking to her mother through the television set, and my calling out " mommie ". Her voice was going through the REV 7 and Yamaha wasted no time in alerting the Media in this Spielberg classic.

Can similar algo's be achieved via SDK. And if so, who is up for this noble task?

A full fledged Pro level reverb has been achieved by many developers, but I still have not seen one yet that can actually replace my hardware yet. And since they flood the PCI Buss, it is understood that such a device would be used in recording, more so than live. But an all in one reverb which can take the best algo's from the Lexicon, AMS, Yamaha, etc. would be worth mucho dinero IMHO. Even if it must be broken down into several devices as a " Suite Of Algorithms " would be a noble task indeed.

Someday this platform will achieve maturity where it could be the only app you would need to record, perform, and master in. This is my dream.
hubird

Post by hubird »

it's just a matter of numbers DSP you reserve for it, say 18 or so (not speaking about personal skills).
And all that is working realtime... :-)
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Jimmy just stay tuned.

I already developed some great stuff here... all in "non-releasable" state.

that reverse stuff is exacly what I want too. And I already have one version in that department.

that movie verbs that sound like cream behind the sound and make anything sound better, are what I love too.

Anyways a sample of what you mean would help.

BTW, its not always a question of how much DSPs used.
Quality depends more on how you build the reverb algo, there are some tricks.

At least most scope atoms are implemented very well. So this is at least one factor you don`t have to care about.

At the moment I am working with the stereo version of the plate with more algo improvements that already sounds much much better and has a great stereo spacialization/spread.

cheers,
hifiboom
the19thbear

yes

Post by the19thbear »

i cant wait to get this reverb!!!1
thanks!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ladies And Gentlrmen,.............HiFiBoom,.............I Should Have Known.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hifiboom, do you have a collection of real space impulse responses you'd be willing to share?
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

shroomz, you mean Impulse responses recorded in real rooms?

I don`t use IR reverbs much, because I`m not convinced about their sound.

I have some impulse responses but these are public available.

I mean I don`t run to churches with a mic and a pistol... :lol: