C4T Monosynth v0.4b - Last updated (31/05/07)

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Cool, I'm really looking forward to getting home tonight!
So many exciting things going on right now - Flexor III is imminent, new developers are creating excellent devices, who said this platform was on its last legs? :)
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Mèsi Onlo, merci beaucoup, thanks a lot, grazie mille, danke schön, dankie, muchas gracias, muito obrigado & dank U wel for this beaut.
Once again the bar has been raised.
I'm off to play with the cat.

:)
Hysteric

Post by Hysteric »

:)
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

In my system I've some problems to load into DSP... :(
My reg disappears and no sound reached.

PulsarII + Pulsar 1 + Luna II (1 STDM cabel)
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou.
sharc

Post by sharc »

@erminardi - Sorry to hear you're having trouble. That's very strange. I've never seen this problem before. By reg, do you mean the module registry?

Is anyone else having problems loading?
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

sharc wrote:@erminardi - Sorry to hear you're having trouble. That's very strange. I've never seen this problem before. By reg, do you mean the module registry?

Is anyone else having problems loading?
Every time that I wish to load C4T, Scope says that there are some troubels about DSP loading -> do you want try to solve -> I click yes, but after 2 times of advice, the system reach no more sounds (also same for others loaded devices) and I've noticed that the Scope reg becomes empty -> so I can't load nothing but the free synths (but remains the silence).
Solution -> close & reload Scope.

So, for this reason, I can't try you new synth... :(
Beta 03 was ok for me.

That's all.
Maybe because I have only one STDM cabel for 3 cards???
Strange that beta 03 was flawless compared the actual beta 04...
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
sharc

Post by sharc »

The new version doesn't have any additions that should be causing this DSP error erminardi. I reckon it's more likely your DSP error is causing Scope to clear it's registry, but what's causing the DSP error on your system I wonder? :-?

There aren't any specific DSP or board assignments apart from each VCO being set to load on same DSP for better sync. This would only cause a DSP error, if you increased the voice count, so it can't be that. I'll need to look into it.
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

I've got this problem often with anything Flexor and Modular related...
It's a pity for U Eminardi... You should try to swap the primary card in your setup just to see what happens.

@Shromz and Sharc, the presets are well stored, but I can't recall them by midi prg chg... Is it a bug or a feature not implemented yet ?

Q2: What will the second page contain ?
sharc

Post by sharc »

We've checked and yes, the program change issue is a bug. We're working on it. Thanks for letting us know Bifop.

At the moment the list of extra features isn't finalized, but for now we're working on a version with 2 extra pages (MOD & FX).

The MOD page will include: MIDI modulation (aftertouch, velocity & modwheel) of modulation depths for VCO's, VCF & VCA, MIDI modulation of waveform mixers, LFO midi-sync and retrig options plus some global settings (portamento etc.)

The FX page will include: Chorus, Delay, Ring-Mod, possibly a distortion/overdrive of some sort and a custom multi-mode Filter. Most of these will be switched 'off DSP' by default to keep the minimum Scope spec as low as possible. We hope to have most of these features added for the next release which should be before the trees turn brown. :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Man Or Myth,....................................SHARC.

I am extremely grateful SHARC. I have just started saving my favorite three. It does the S & H w/ " Q " sweep very well.

It does Iaso Tomitas Phased Potramento lead really well.

It does the Josef Zawinul Weather Report 5ths' leads very well w. swelling LFO

This was too good of a synth not to do this.

Tube Strip and C4T in the same week?

BTW I wish to send you and your brother each a bottle of whatever booze you drink, I hope you take me up on this offer.

It is the least I can do, as both of your devices occupy my current project window.
Last edited by dawman on Thu May 31, 2007 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

BTW, Ring mod is a long overdue choice, wise indeed, very wise.
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Thanks for the information Sharc.
Man, you guys onto something big here. It's gonna be on par with the Minimax, Bowen's & al IMO...

I'll like to give my contribution, so when the final working (as fas as modulation goes) version will be up, I'll program some nice patches for it and will post them here.
sharc

Post by sharc »

update - 31/05/07. C4T v0.4b available to download.

- Fixed program change bug (many thanks to SpaceF for his help with this issue)
sharc

Post by sharc »

Bifop wrote:I'll like to give my contribution, so when the final working (as fas as modulation goes) version will be up, I'll program some nice patches for it and will post them here.
That would be cool ! :)
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

I finally got a chance to try this synth. Sharc & Shroomz, you guys are really doing good work here! This is a quality synth - it really has a characteristic sound. Kind of like an odyssey with the weirdness all smoothed out. Looking forward to V2 of this synth!
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Hey, this new version finally works on my Scope system :)
Good sound IMO, wow!
Thanks.
jul

Post by jul »

Hello,
wonderfull synth, thanks. But with the 0.4b version I have the same problem that erminardi has describe: problems with DSP management, do you want to try.....OK....2 times.....than no sound at all.
That doesn't happend with the 0.3 version.
Here: 2 Pulsar II and 4.0 SFP version
Thanks
sharc

Post by sharc »

Good to hear you got it working erminardi. I've still not been able to replicate the DSP problem at this end. In fact I only get a DSP error when the DSP meter maxes out - 16 instances in an empty project on 1xScope Pro + 1xScope Project (1xSTDM cable). I've also tested it with various other projects i.e. with an STM2448, Optimaster, PsyQ, Vinco, MOVeq+4, Masterverb Pro & Tubestrip, I can still load 8 instances of the C4T without error.

Like I said, there aren't any specific DSP assignments in the device and I can't see any reason why it would be troubling the STDM. Sorry I can't be more helpful at the moment.
hong990

Post by hong990 »

16 MIDI CHANNEL Have no !!! Thank you :P