PlanetZ - The best forum?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

David

Post by David »

When looking around for devices to download when I first got my Pulsar I was directed to PlanetZ, I have been enjoying the forum ever since and had not looked elsewhere until recently. I went to the CW forum - it sucks, so disorganised.
But it has left me wondering what other forums are out there and are there any as good or as well visited as PlanetZ :eek:?
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

no doubt.
alfonso
RedSun

Post by RedSun »

What?

You mean that there is something beyond PlanetZ???

Like some other places, with other people?

Bah! Humbug!

:lol:

RedSun .:.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

There is another place? :???:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: subhuman on 2002-02-20 15:37 ]</font>
maket

Post by maket »

YES! This is only place for Pulsarian . Real and virtual basic cosmodrom
mano

Post by mano »

PlanetZ is the BEST forum for Pulsarians for sure. John you rule! :wink:

For non-pulsar production related topics, I have to plug http://www.FutureProducers.com :wink:

For cubase stuff, cubase.net is nice too.
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

There are one or two Yahoo forums devoted to Pulsar/Scope but (from what I remember of them) they were more disorganized than the Creamware website forum. I don't typically look at them very often. Maybe they've improved with age, but I doubt it. You should be able to find them fairly easily by searching the Yahoo site (or someone else can provide the correct URL's).

As the others have already stated (in their own inimitable way), PlanetZ is clearly the best of the bunch. I think you will also find the vibe here is a lot more positive than the others. Too much complaining on the Creamware site.

Not that it matters, but just for the record, before the DSP stuff came along, Creamware had a much nicer user forum. It was originally devoted to tripleDAT and was well maintained and administered. You could search topics and the Creamware staff could be found commenting frequently. Even Frank Hund used to post messages there. Anyone besides me remember this? I think the server was physically located in Canada. A few years back, Creamware must have closed the Canadian office and they turned off the server. There was no user forum for almost a year. When they finally got one back up, it was a pale version of their old forum. All the old tripleDAT messages were gone. There used to be a ton of useful info there. Too bad.

Once a month, Creamware also used to publish a user profile. Some lucky person would get picked to talk about their Creamware related projects or business. These were usually quite interesting and entertaining. There were also helpful tips and cool device settings. All of that disappeared. The email tips they send out now are nice but again, nothing like they used to have.

Those were the good ol' days :smile:
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

'tis a sadness of online information that although there is more data faster and from more people, it can likewise be lost or destroyed much faster too.

There is no nostalgia on line, no musty books, frayed-edge pages, or dusty old high-shelf companion :cry:
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Yea verily :smile:
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

I agree with Spirit about the ephemeral nature of the net. That's why I print all threads that are important to me. :smile:
Are we listening?..
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

That's a bit like a monk transcribing a single book :wink: Perhaps in years to come there will be strange requests for "scans of Planet Z circa February 2002".
David

Post by David »

Here are the comments from the original topic link http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=5&20
Approximate reading time: 1 minute